Spring Chicken Needing Guidance

Lqmac1

Good afternoon, ladies and gents.

This is my very first post on this forum and definitely not my last.

As the tittle says, I'm a spring chicken in this business.

Just a little bit about me. I'm 29 years old and I don't enjoy long walks on the beach due to shinsplints. AnyWho, I started in the car business at 16 years old and still slinging, but now I'm the finance guy you talk to who helps finalize the deal after you chew up the sales person ;).

This career has been very rewarding, but it is very time-consuming as you might assume.

A buddy of mine was in the IMO business started recruiting me in July 2015. At first, I declined as the "Pyramid scheme" thing never seemed appealing. After getting to know the business a little bit more and talking to third-party people, it seemed like a pretty legit business and there was some pretty coins to be made.

Fast forward to today… He called me the other day and we had a three hour conversation. He has now moved on to IUL and annuities and was explaining the difference from what he used to do ( mortgage protection).

I'll be honest, knocking on peoples doors didn't seem like my cup of tea, but I was willing to do it if need be.

I would like to ask the people of this forum to guide me to a person that can guide me in this business . I would like to exchange a few private messages with somebody who is extremely knowledgeable of the field I'm looking to potentially get into. I trust my buddy 100% and love the guy , but it doesn't hurt to get an outsiders perspective on things sometimes.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to many more posts with you guys.

And what's in it for the person who is supposed to give you all this one-on-one 'mentoring'? (It's far easier to ask the entire forum.)

Insurance is a business. People who recruit others expect to be compensated by an override on their sales production.

Since you "trust your buddy 100%"... why are you having doubts?

You can start here: http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...nsurance/guidance-new-life-agents-t29999.html

Last edited:
And what's in it for the person who is supposed to give you all this one-on-one 'mentoring'? (It's far easier to ask the entire forum.)

Insurance is a business. People who recruit others expect to be compensated by an override on their sales production.

Since you "trust your buddy 100%"... why are you having doubts?

Thanks for the response. I'm looking for somebody to give me a little bit of insight on that particular field. I'm looking for opinions, not necessarily a mentor.

I have financial stability in my career now so it's not easy for me to jump ship without full knowledge. I trust my buddy, but I know people who usually pitch you to do something will not go in depth about some of the cons of a business. Just trying to expand my knowledge, that's all.

I would listen to DHK. There is a wealth of information in the forum link that he suggests. I have only been selling since 2014; I still refer to it.

There are many people who post on the forum who have been in the biz for quite a number of years and you can type nearly anything in the custom search bar and find info on it. You may find that there are agents that fit your style and that you enjoy reading their ideas and experiences, you may find some that don't but you can learn from that too.

I have my own opinion of what sounds like multi-level-marketing, which is what sounds like what your buddy is into, but you have to decide if it's for you. No one can make that decision for you, but they sure can give you differing opinions!

good luck!

Back