SR22 for Reinstatement with Electronic Filing.

PotentialFarmer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I use unitrin for all my DUI's they've been great, I've got a guy now who's just coming back on his license. I've mainly been switching people from their standard or preferred carriers after that fact. Anyone know if Electronic Filing is enough for those persons who need to get reinstated? They have to prove insurance to get reinstated is what I'm being told. Do they need to just wait for the electronic filing or do I need to get a physical document for them to run into DMV?

Oh, all this in California.

In CA, the dmv will accept a paper version, in fact they will need it. Of course, this needs to be followed up with the electronic filing, or the license will be re-suspended.

The CA DMV computers seem to run days behind (sometimes weeks) in processing incoming insurance changes. I think SR-22's are faster than insurance changes, but its still slower than you think.

Dan

I use unitrin for all my DUI's they've been great, I've got a guy now who's just coming back on his license. I've mainly been switching people from their standard or preferred carriers after that fact. Anyone know if Electronic Filing is enough for those persons who need to get reinstated? They have to prove insurance to get reinstated is what I'm being told. Do they need to just wait for the electronic filing or do I need to get a physical document for them to run into DMV?

Oh, all this in California.

In Colorado you have to do both. I believe their is 3 things that have be sent in including sr22 ins form and payment. The 3rd is the DMV form. My advice would to give them a hard copy to send in, even if they don't need it.

I have been trying to reinstate my license and my insurance company SAFECO already filed my SR22 twice but when i go to DMV they can't find it, i ask for a receipt or a proof that they filed and they keep me saying the whole process is now electronically and there is no way to get a receipt or a fax.. Simplifying the DMV can't see it and Safeco can't prove it. Any suggestions on what should i do?

Usally they can file it electronically for you. I have SR22 in my office if the client really needs a hard copy. Also you might want to call your insurance company to see if they have your information correct. Like your name, DOB, driver license number.

Back