Ssdi Benefits and Medicare

keith365

Super Genius
I just spoke with a guy whose been receiving ssdi benefits for 10 years. Social security says that he doesn't have enough work credits to qualify for free Medicare part A. But, I've read that people who have received ssdi benefits for 24 months automatically get Medicare parts A and B. Which is true? Thanks!

I just spoke with a guy whose been receiving ssdi benefits for 10 years. Social security says that he doesn't have enough work credits to qualify for free Medicare part A. But, I've read that people who have received ssdi benefits for 24 months automatically get Medicare parts A and B. Which is true? Thanks!

people who have received ssdi benefits for 24 months automatically QUALIFY to get Medicare parts A and B however they have pay for part A and B ( about 600.000 ) if they don't have enough credits.

If they qualify for QMB medicaid the sate will may these premiums but the catch is they cant apply for QMB until they have enrolled in A and B

people who have received ssdi benefits for 24 months automatically QUALIFY to get Medicare parts A and B however they have pay for part A and B ( about 600.000 ) if they don't have enough credits.

If they qualify for QMB medicaid the sate will may these premiums but the catch is they cant apply for QMB until they have enrolled in A and B

Interesting I have one right now with over 3 years payment and can't get medicare because of the same reason. She does have medicaid now.

Back