Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm 99.9% sure nobody will touch this, but would any med supp offer coverage for this? No dialysis and she doesn't even take a medication for it. Any help appreciated.

Do you live in an area that offers a Gi med supp? One of the Blues in NJ does, as does the one in Philly (although brokers can't sell it), although there may be a six month wait before it starts covering a pre existing condition.

I'm 99.9% sure nobody will touch this, but would any med supp offer coverage for this? No dialysis and she doesn't even take a medication for it. Any help appreciated.
I was going to say GI only, then I saw that you said no meds and no dialysis. How long has she had it? Has the Dr. suggested dialysis? Any other health conditions like diabetes? Does she take insulin/how much? Just out of curiosity, how old is she and what state is she in? :err:

Indiana 72. Not diabetic. No dialysis or health conditions. Takes lisinopril, a statin ect. Slam dunk if not stage 4 kidney disease.

Indiana 72. Not diabetic. No dialysis or health conditions. Takes lisinopril, a statin ect. Slam dunk if not stage 4 kidney disease.
Some companies will take a case sometimes on individual considerations. I'd call and talk with the underwriters.

Also some companies ask a look back question about being treated in a time frame. For instance, Bankers Fidelity asks if she's been diagnosed or treated for Chronic Kidney Disease in the past 5 years. Has she? If she had it more than 5 years and took medication, but hasn't had any changes in meds or dosages,or had any problems with it they'd be ok. Like many companies, they're ok with maintenance drugs. So since she doesn't take any meds...I would think they'd be ok with it if she's had it 5 years.

Try calling and talking to your favorite companie's underwriters and see what they say. I wouldn't be surprized if you get it placed.

I just looked up Stage 4 kidney disease, and it's worse than I thought. It still wouldn't hurt to talk to an underwriter, and different companies look at different conditions differently, but it looks more like a GI case. I don't think you have that available in Indiana and it doesn't sound like she would have a GI option..

"It is likely someone with stage 4 CKD will need dialysis or a kidney transplant in the near future."

Thanks so much. I found an old medico app and she would qualify based on those questions but their newest app it wont fly.

Back