Stand Alone Accident Plans and Critical Illness

MHart

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am in California. I like to sell HSA's out here but rarely sell the one deductible plan by Assurant do to price here. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good stand alone accident plan and or critical illness I can offer my clients. I usually sell Nationwide Health Plans HSA here or Pacificare new HSA which is part of UHC? Any help would be appreciated it.

I am in California. I like to sell HSA's out here but rarely sell the one deductible plan by Assurant do to price here. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good stand alone accident plan and or critical illness I can offer my clients. I usually sell Nationwide Health Plans HSA here or Pacificare new HSA which is part of UHC? Any help would be appreciated it.

I'd like to 'bump' this up again because I might have need for an accident plan for a client in CA. We want to get her 14 year old daughter a HDHP but since she plays sports, we also want to get her a stand-alone accident plan.

Anyone familiar with this company:
http://www.ahcoagent.com/23185/ancillary/5000accident.asp

They want a $50 fee to sign up with them? Never heard that one before.
https://www.ahco.biz/agents/ahco.cfm?id=23185&cfid=4591517&cftoken=46179124

Suggestions welcome.

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Al and Mark,
I have one through Select Company that I have not sold yet. They gave me the web site below but I have not marketed it at all. What I do like about this plan and web site is that the accident plan limitations are described right on the web site.

Many of these accident plan sites out there look really really hokey. AHCO is an example of that. Plus, they're not available in many states including mine (CT). Also, who is the underwriter, what are the exclusions etc. If I were a consumer, I don't think I'd buy this because it lacks a legitimate feel.

Here's the site I was talking about (not that its that great in its own right):
http://www.selectcompanyinc.com/index.cfm?id=20951

If I could find an accident plan that had less activity exclusions, I'd be very interested. The problem is that many don't explain exclusions, who the underwriter is or not available in every state.

[FONT='Impact','sans-serif']VBA 24 HOUR ACCIDENT EXPENSE COVERAGE[/font][FONT='Impact','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Impact','sans-serif']Ideal to place with high deductible plans or HSA’s[/font]
  • Pays 100% of Covered Medical Expenses after the plan deductible ($100 or $250) up to the maximum benefit *
  • Choice of $2,500, $5,000, $7,500 or $10,000 levels
  • Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits *
  • Emergency Helicopter Air Ambulance benefit
  • Benefits paid directly to the member
  • Use any doctor or hospital
  • Payment options - bank draft, credit card or list bill
  • On-line enrollment - quote, apply & print!
  • Great commissions - paid weekly!
Monthly Cost
Benefit Level Single Family
$2,500 $24.95 $29.95
$5,000 $34.95 $39.95
$7,500 $44.95 $49.95
$10,000 $54.95 $59.95
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']*These benefits are underwritten by Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company[/font]

http://www.generalagentcenter.com/vba_Accident.htm

DMiller90,
The accident plan on my site is also underwritten by Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Co. As you can see on my site, limitations are listed which include:

*Skuba diving
*Surfing
*Skate Boarding (a biggie exclusion for kids)
*Roller skating
*Participation or practice in any professional, intercollegiate or club sports (vague) activity except as specifically provided.
*Ultra light aircraft, hang gliding, parachuting or bungi-cord jumping.
*Skiing (another biggie exclusion)
*Any injury sustained fom any two- or three- or four-wheeled recreational motor/engine driven vehicle or snowmobile or all terrain vehcile (ATV)

Does your Guarantee Trust Life Accident plan have these same exclusions?

I am particularly wary of the skiing, skate boarding and "club sports" exclusions.

DMiller,
Sorry, I posted mine before you posted the spot for exclusions. The policy form number is the same:

Policy Form Number GP-1200, GTL - Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company

For some reason, the exclusions on the GAC site don't mention the Skate Boarding, Roller Skating, Scuba Diving, Professional/Intercollegiate/Club Sports exclusions.

However, since the certificate form is the same then we can conclude the limitations listed above on my last post do apply.

This brings me back to my main point: is there an accident plan that is stand alone that is as good or close to as good as the Assurant Secure Solutions that does not have most of these limitations?

I'd like to 'bump' this up again because I might have need for an accident plan for a client in CA. We want to get her 14 year old daughter a HDHP but since she plays sports, we also want to get her a stand-alone accident plan.

Anyone familiar with this company:
http://www.ahcoagent.com/23185/ancillary/5000accident.asp

They want a $50 fee to sign up with them? Never heard that one before.
https://www.ahco.biz/agents/ahco.cfm?id=23185&cfid=4591517&cftoken=46179124

Suggestions welcome.

Al

I use two accident plans that I have found to be useful. I use ahco's accident plan that does not have any exclusions on skateboarding, skiing or sports which is underwritted by U.S. Life and I also use another accident plan marketed by cashdoctor.com that is underwritten by Markel Insurance which has a stand alone critical illness which is underwritten by AIG anyone that is interested can email me.

I use two accident plans that I have found to be useful. I use ahco's accident plan that does not have any exclusions on skateboarding, skiing or sports which is underwritted by U.S. Life and I also use another accident plan marketed by cashdoctor.com that is underwritten by Markel Insurance which has a stand alone critical illness which is underwritten by AIG anyone that is interested can email me.

Have you read both policies and is the CI policy different from the one marketed through Assurant.....

Have you read both policies and is the CI policy different from the one marketed through Assurant.....

I have read both policies I have attached two pdf files of the accident plan and critical illness plan marketed by cashdoctor.com. I am not sure if it is the same CI as assurant as for their select suite solutions

Attachments

• AIG_CI_5000.pdf
    65.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Markel_Accident_Policy.pdf
    195.3 KB · Views: 40
Back