Stand Alone Accident Plans and Critical Illness

Does anyone have suggestions on how to become contracted with American General? Can you go direct or is it through a GA/MGA

I'm at 100% on 30 year term and my pay-out on the Accident Plus is 40% first year and 5% renewals.

Direct or through a GA who is through a MGA who is through a IMO who is through another IMO?

LOL...

Sounds OK except the 40% I am not sure how many hands are in on that - as it sounds low off the top of my head.

VBA is Solid for that type of Coverage, but not the Same type of benefits or payments

The Big Difference with AIG is there is no cordination of benefits with individuals Major Medical, like VBA and many others. They pay a specific amount for different expenses incurred. Also VBA does not pay for skateboarding accidents or other items, They dont exclude this particular activity like most.

Would be the same type of Coverage that Aflac provides on their Individual Accident level 2.

AIG Accident Expense Plus SM : INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES : INDIVIDUAL HEALTH - AIG American General

FAQ's Page

AIG Accident Expense PlusSM : INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES : INDIVIDUAL HEALTH - AIG American General

Last edited:
One is association and one is not - that is the main difference.

You don't technically need a license to sell VBA since you are selling a club membership. AIG is an actual insurance policy not a club membership.

That is the difference.

VBA just had a major rate increase, which concerns me.

One is association and one is not - that is the main difference.

You don't technically need a license to sell VBA since you are selling a club membership. AIG is an actual insurance policy not a club membership.

That is the difference.

VBA just had a major rate increase, which concerns me.

That is exactly correct, and I would assume, claims with AIG would be more efficient, and less paperwork to discourage the claim, as others will do.

I dont sell these plans. JR called earlier asking about the AIG plan & I promised to get info from a guy who markets the VBA. I have not evaluated the plan. Have no idea how it works and don't endorse it.

NBA used to sell an accident plan. Don't know if it is still around. Thought it was junk.

Since you guys were looking for an accident plan figured I would throw this out for discussion.

Back