Stand Alone Accident Plans and Critical Illness

Hey People, my first post and it's not intended to stir up an argument, but I gotta tell ya, in GA you have to be a licensed agent to sell the GAC Accident Plan. The plan is a combination of association benefits and insurance coverage. It is NOT a scheduled plan. Read the benefits on the link posted by somarco. Also, look at exclusions. It was underwritten by GTL in a lot of states and National States in others. AIG has taken the place of GTL effective 04/01/08. The AIG Accident Plan with Critical illness wasn't available in GA last time I checked. The GAC Plan is cheaper, pays higher commissions and pays claims efficiently.
Later...

I dont sell these plans. JR called earlier asking about the AIG plan & I promised to get info from a guy who markets the VBA. I have not evaluated the plan. Have no idea how it works and don't endorse it.

NBA used to sell an accident plan. Don't know if it is still around. Thought it was junk.

Since you guys were looking for an accident plan figured I would throw this out for discussion.

Hey Bob, if it's the VBA plan do not bother talking with your friend about it. VBA is up there in the top 5 regarding plan design, commission, etc. but I do not like some of the things they do and choose not to do business with them at this time.

VBA cannot compare to the strength of AIG, so I'm going with them.

Thanks guys,

Feedback was overwhelming!

Not really looking to get appointed with anybody because I already have an appointment with AIG ( I know they're not the only game out there) just asking if anybody had any experience with their critical illness plans.

At the moment just looking to buff up on their plans and see if their any good because I've had more and more interest in these type of plans.

Last edited:
AIG Supplemental Plans

What's the payout/commission on the AIG Value Med, Health, Hospitalization type plans?

Not looking for a debate on supplemental health plans, just some info.

Thank you.

Winter

Where can I get a quote on the AIG plans?

thru the people that have your AIG contract......I am really going to push this on my HSA clients...makes more sense than tieing up money in a HSA account....

I haven't sold any AIG and I know I'm appointed for life...wonder if that includes their other products.

It's common for me to have my clients take on an accident plan (I've done both association and insurance ones) when they have a HDHP/HSA. In fact, that's exactly how I've structured my 'own' coverage.

Back