Stand Alone Dental Plans

Guidance

Expert
I'm not familiar with dental plans, so I may be way off here, but Is there such thing as stand alone dental plan for children that will eventually cover braces? I'm in Illinois. Anything like that out there?

Thank you!!!

Thank you! If you don't mind, do you have a particular carrier? I have called around with no luck!

Good luck finding a stand alone dental plan that will pay much over an annual period.
I'll wait for "Ging" to let us all know about all these companies she speaks of.

Just found out that CUL's stand alone Dental, Vision, Hearing plan can be written on a non group (individual) basis. Does not appear to cover orthodontics. Available with a $1000 or $1500 annual policy max. Individual premium runs about 30% -40% of plan max depending on age of insured.

Good luck finding a stand alone dental plan that will pay much over an annual period. I'll wait for "Ging" to let us all know about all these companies she speaks of.
I agree, have,yet to find any!

----------

Just found out that CUL's stand alone Dental, Vision, Hearing plan can be written on a non group (individual) basis. Does not appear to cover orthodontics. Available with a $1000 or $1500 annual policy max. Individual premium runs about 30% -40% of plan max depending on age of insured.
Thanks for the info! Never heard of CUL. Who are they ?

I agree, have,yet to find any!

----------

Thanks for the info! Never heard of CUL. Who are they ?

Central United Life > Products > Dental and Vision
Covered dental services include:

Routine exams and cleaning, x-rays, fluoride and sealant applications.
Major restorative procedures, inlays, onlays and crowns
Oral surgery, root canals, prosthodontics and periodontic services
Emergency palliative treatment
Even braces for children

When I see stuff like:

Covered dental services include:
Routine exams and cleaning, x-rays, fluoride and sealant applications.
Major restorative procedures, inlays, onlays and crowns
Oral surgery, root canals, prosthodontics and periodontic services
Emergency palliative treatment
Even braces for children

It's very misleading. The word "covered" is very vague. It doesn't cover all that if the limits are 1K or 1500.

A large number of people are all of a sudden asking about Dental, so I started researching. It's SHOCKING that insurance companies expect families to pay so much, for so little benefit!

The stand-alone family dental plans keep going up and up in premium, but have that crappy $1,000 or $1,500 annual benefit limit, $50 deductible, 50% cost-sharing, adult waiting periods.. i.e. REAL GARBAGE for "only" $125 a month with Blue Cross, or $157 a month with United HealthScare, for a family of 3. (Ages: 32/30/2)

That being said, I do believe Pediatric Dental has merits...but only because the government mandates the benefits. Government says, "Cover everything for kids!" Insurers say, "Ok...but Adults get NADA baby!" It's too bad there's no "middle ground" to these extremes.

NEXT PHASE is to investigate the Dental Discount plans in more depth.

I used to sell a really nice one with Careington back in the 2000-2005 era, but a glance at Careington.com just now shows the Dentists network is virtually non-existent in the Chicago area. Too bad. DentaSaver.net (Aetna PPO) was another favorite, but it went off-line earlier this year. Aetna is only doing large Dental PPO contracts, if I'm interpreting https://www.aetna.com/insurance-producer/dental-plans-programs/dental-discount-program.html correctly.

Any good quality wide-network Dental PPO Discount Plans still in existence that brokers can sell to individual clients?

-ac

Back