Stand alone dental...

Alsky

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know of a company that offers Stand Alone dental coverage in SC... I am indy and have a few clients that want dental only. Since these are existing clients from my life business, I would like to accomodate them. Thanks in advance.

This will be a tough find. Years ago, Continental General offered individual dental in most states, although my opinion of CG is not very high.

Basically dental insurance is a waste of money. They all have caps of 1000 to 2000 per year. They're basically just discount plans.

In other words, if you run across someone who's mouth looks like something out of the movie Deliverance...tell them good luck with their teeth. Ain't no plan gonna be worth a hoot. It's like burning $20 bills each month to get a discount on services.

Basically dental insurance is a waste of money. They all have caps of 1000 to 2000 per year. They're basically just discount plans.

In other words, if you run across someone who's mouth looks like something out of the movie Deliverance...tell them good luck with their teeth. Ain't no plan gonna be worth a hoot. It's like burning $20 bills each month to get a discount on services.

HaHa, got a good story to tell. I got of the phone with a prospective client today and she hasn't had insurance for quite a while, is on social security and was looking for the "best of the best" with all the bells and whistles for the cheapest amount of money. GREAT, I can work with that after a few quick questions.......Gotta love the internet leads sometimes.

Anyways, after doing a quick pre-qualification I found out some interesting things. Apparently, this individuals mother got breast implants done in the early 70's and the individual I spoke w/ purported that the insurance company paid for it. Hmmm, cosmetic surgery that wasn't medically necessary was paid for in the early 70's. OK, I will call BS on that one, but that was before my time so I went along with it.

After a quick 2 minute speech about how great breast implants are (I am in total agreement at this time), she went on to say that she has 1 tooth that needs work on and her current group coverage won't do anything unless it involved 2 teeth. She also wants lasik surgery, a low deductible, small copay for everything, and be able to pay less than $100 a month. She was very adamant about finding this specific, magical plan that I told her did not exist and she questioned me expertise and made some disparaging remarks towards me.

My day was winding down and this was my last call so I thought I would have some fun. I asked her if used any type of skin lotion to keep her hands smooth she replied yes. At this point I told her how the different lines meant certain things would happen.. This is what is known as build-up!!!!!!

After a quick 1 minute discussion about the different lines on her hand I said the following, "Now that you have your hands out I want to teach you something that no other insurance agent will ever do for fear of losing you to the competition." "Oh really?" "Yes!" "It seems as though the plan you want does not exist on this planet and I would be lying to you if I said it existed in this solar system and that I could locate it. But, I'll tell you what........since you said that I am a liar and don't know what I'm talking about I have some GREAT advice that might help out. There is going to be some shooting stars in a few nights so here is what I want you do. Go outside when the stars are shooting across the sky and hold your hands out high in front of you. Now wish in one of you hands and take a $#%^ in the other one and then call to let me know which one fills up first!"

Back