Stand Alone Jewelry Floater in CA

Hefe

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know where I would be able to write a stand alone jewelry floater in CA? Home had to go surplus lines and now need to cover the jewelry too.

Thanks.

I heard Jeweler's Mutual was good, never used them myself so I don't know if you can access them or not. Maybe some companies specializing in collections could work as well?

I don't think jewelers mutual contracts with independent agents but they usually have the best rates as far as I have seen. I have had to send a couple customers to them.

I'll check that out, thanks. Even if I can't write it myself with jewelers mutual, it could help me keep the home and auto if I have a good solution.

Please let us know what you find out

Jewelers Mutual says they are represented by independent agents but I haven't heard back about getting an appointment.

I know that State Farm will write these without supporting business but that doesn't help me.

The rate at Jewelers Mutual was 1.5% which is good but doesn't beat the overall value if you can package them with the home/auto. Travelers, for instance, is 1.7% but can potentially add multi-policy discounts to the package policies. In this case, none of my admitted carriers would take the homeowner policy.

Back