Standard Life and Casualty Info Requested

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Does Standard Life and Casualty give you a decision at the end of the phone interview? If so, is it "final"? What are the positive things about doing business with them? The not so good?

Does Standard Life and Casualty give you a decision at the end of the phone interview? If so, is it "final"? What are the positive things about doing business with them? The not so good?

No "final" decision at the end of phone call. they have been an easy company to work with. From my experience, they simply do a good job. Said another way, the positive is that they probably won't screw things up for you.

They give you a tentative approval at the end of the interview, pending final underwriting and review. That is almost exactly what they say. I quit using them unless I absolutely have to. They have "tentatively" approved probably 4 or 5 cases for me and then declined them based on mib or something. My last decline with them was a perfectly healthy lady who was declined because she had applied for coverage 5 times in the last 2 years. She wasn't declined for health reasons.

They are also very mom and pop. Difficult to get a return phone call. Harder than other companies to get policies back on bank draft. I just made a decision to not use them unless I had too.

Back