Starting an Agency in Hawaii Looking for Some Insight.

achuwsb

Expert
Hawaii
Hi folks, Ive been a life and annuity producer for about 3 years now i am looking to go independent and start my own agency. ive skimmed through the forum and havent seen too much mentioned about hawaii.

My goal is to be able to provide full service Life, Health, P&C, And securites for my clients. I'm curretnly working with an IMO for fixed life and annuity products and now im trying to find a group or wholesalers for health and P&C providers.

also a reasonable E&O coverage

Is there a health insurance market in Hawaii? I thought the state ran the show there.

Best wishes, what Island will you be on and can we visit you and talk enough business for write off purposes?

Cheers.

Is there a health insurance market in Hawaii? I thought the state ran the show there.

Best wishes, what Island will you be on and can we visit you and talk enough business for write off purposes?

Cheers.

Sign me up!! I can do on site training on how to grow your agency using internet leads.....1 problem....do they use the internet in Hawaii? I thought it wouldn't' work on the beach:skeptical:

Hawaii is a bit of a different state when it comes to P&C, I noticed nearly all independent agencies are larger and centrally controlled such as bank owned agencies, thus I do not beleive there are smaller agencies in that state or the ability to start up a small agency. I also noticed cluster and alliance groups such as SIAA are not in Hawaii. For the most part, they do not have the standards carriers we have on them mainland, they have many regional companies that serve the Islands. I am not sure why it's so hard to start an Agency in Hawaii, perhaps their regulations do not make it easy to start an agency. Is there anyone from Hawaii can shed some light on this?

I thought it wouldn't' work on the beach:skeptical:

I've discovered since moving to Florida that the internet works just fine on the beach. It's me that doesn't work very well "on the beach". It's very hard to pay attention to the screen. Jacqueline suggested that blinders might help.

Anybody have any more insight about starting a P&C agency in hawaii? mostly auto would be my focus. there are more cars here than houses

Back