Starting an Online Insurance Agency....

Why don't you post your vision, domains, and business plan for us to see.

That way, those on this board who have been there done that, may be able to fill some of your holes. Assuming you haven't solved the key to success all by yourself.

You want feedback, but you haven't posted anything of substance for the board to critique.

Together, there is probably only 1000 years or so of experience on this board, so we have a ways to go as well.

No offense.

Hey none taken, I do appreciate your opinion and the time you took to write it.

Agreeing with everything you wrote, I must object to me posting the domains and my business plan. For obvious reasons. All I wanted opinions from experienced peers that might help me in giving the best products for my clients.

There is a big difference between critiquing because you think I have the wrong ideas about my business and giving constructive criticism on the topic at hand.

I thought it was a simple topic to discuss since I posted vague details about my plans, adding substance would mean revealing those same things I am trying to avoid all together.

Experience is simply that, experience. It takes time and having experience does not mean you have to shoot me down and tell me my dream is worth nothing to them.

Sincerely disappointed in the people that do have "experience", maybe I was expecting a warm welcome and words of hope. But I guess my expectations were too high?
:frown:

Reason I asked was to clarify specifically who he was referring to, trust me I am a business man on top of everything and I know the rules.

A dream, a plan, a vision... call it whatever you want. I know I want to do it. And have the determination to find out what I need to make this successful... hence me asking this question.

note:
I come to this forum for ideas and maybe advice, but I am greeted with negativity and my knowledge of the field being questioned? Please tell me I am in the right section? Nothing against anyone's opinion but if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all. No offense...:nah:

Business is about being objective. It is not about being nice. There is nothing wrong with having a vision, dream, etc.

What is wrong is asking a subjective question, when an objective question would've sufficed.

What is the best insurance plan is a subjective question and a more knowledgeable agent would NEVER answer such a question without asking a question to clarify what represents "best". I think HSA's are the best plans available, but that is just my opinion. That doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things if the prospect is turned off by the idea and wants something different.

Furthermore, the agent would know that the proper way to address any question is with an objective statement like, "How do you mean" (the right way) or "That really depends on your personal needs and budget because every family is different...What things would you like covered? Then you narrow it down, educate, ask questions and repeat.

You're asking us to tell you how to get top contracts w/out putting in the work that most of us have already done to attain the level.

I commend you for wanting to succeed, but it's impossible to know how to help without addressing the specifics.

Odd you would come onto a board of independent agents and talk about yet another system that would harm us financially....and you want a warm reception.

So basically your idea is to compete against all of us on a national level and you'd like our help. Well - put a fish hook in my mouth.

So, you want the board to tell you how they would get it done, but you don't want to share with the board, what you think it takes to get it done? Hmmmmm.

I will be more than happy to offer an opinion for you. Based on the information you provided, this is the best I can do.

Make sure your profits are greater than your expenses.

Hey guys, last time I posted in this forum I was getting started in the amazing business of helping people being insured.

Now, I have a project in mind and I need some feedback from the experts.

A National online insurance agency?

I have the perfect brand and the domains are already registered and trademarked.

Planning on offering all types of insurance in all states.

I need help figuring out which companies to represent in which areas and how to get appointed with them.

I have several investors lined up here in FL and are ready to fund the whole operation if the details sound right.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Dan

Maybe you can send us all a straight razor. Then we can cut our own throats and do away with the middleman. :idea:

Well s*** - we'd better get to work for this guy. He wants to know all about the products and carriers in every state for all lines of insurance.

I'll be handing out the assignments tonight.

Well s*** - we'd better get to work for this guy. He wants to know all about the products and carriers in every state for all lines of insurance.

I'll be handing out the assignments tonight.

If it's not too much trouble, I would like a territory 5 blocks around my house. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back