Starting an Online Insurance Agency....

Danielsp9,

You are at cross purposes by not sharing sufficient information for anyone to give an objective evaluation.

No one here disputes your vision nor your abilities. Your concept may have merit and the greatest of possibilities and potential. I think the people here are generously attempting to share their expertise but are handicapped i.e. they do not have a clear picture of what you are trying to accomplish. Or exactly what you are asking. Or what your basic business plan looks like.

No one wants – nor could they if they wanted to – steal your plan or idea. I think if you could provide us with your Vision Statement and Business Model, we would be in a better position to assist.

Just so that we are on the same page:
  • Vision Statement - Take for instance Microsoft's vision of "A personal computer in every home running Microsoft software."
  • Business Model - I can't give you an example in the name of brevity, but here is the definition:
    A business model is a conceptual tool that contains a set of elements and their relationships and allows expressing the business logic of a specific firm. It is a description of the value a company offers to one or several segments of customers and of the architecture of the firm and its network of partners for creating, marketing, and delivering this value and relationship capital, to generate profitable and sustainable revenue streams.
As you say, if you are "going to do it anyway" I think it would be wise to get as much input as possible, be it good, bad, or indifferent. When you are up and running, your customers are going to have their own opinion of your production in action. Will their reaction be thumbs up or thumbs down?

I think we can all agree that it is better to have planned so that the odds are in favor of a thumbs up before the grand opening. You may not recover from a negative reception.

More's the pity, if you won't share your vision and plan no one can help you. Some forum members have shared their real concern that that sucking sound you hear is your investors money going down the drain.

To wit, constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others with the intention of helping the reader or the artist, rather than creating an oppositional attitude.

We tried. I am now mentally limited with exhaustion.

What a wonderful speech.

Yes Sir! OOH RAH!

Sorry, my pedantry got the better of me. But this guy (this kid?) was slinging his limited facility of the English language up against my "established mental limitations".

My feeling were bruised. Since he and I had never met, there is not the slightest chance that he could have had any remote bearing on my mental limitations to subjectively ascertain whether they be established or not.

Note: I will not deny my mental limitations, but established? That goes too far, by Jiminy.

Semper fi, flyboy. I've other soapboxes to mount 'fore the night is passed. Giddy up.

PS - salpro22, thanks for the comment. It looks like I'll have to call my therapist tomorrow. LOL

I come to this forum for ideas and maybe advice, but I am greeted with negativity and my knowledge of the field being questioned? Please tell me I am in the right section? Nothing against anyone's opinion but if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all. No offense...:nah:

Look around, guy... this forum specializes in negativity.

note:I come to this forum for ideas and maybe advice, but I am greeted with negativity and my knowledge of the field being questioned? Please tell me I am in the right section? Nothing against anyone's opinion but if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all. No offense...:nah:

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who post on a public forum and expect to dictate what sort of replies they'll receive...

Why should we really care about why YOU came to this forum? The charlatans get exposed for what they are.

If it's affirmation you seek...get a dog.

I belong to alot of forums where civilized people like yourselves come together and discuss a topic of interest, insurance in this case.

The funny thing about this forum is that most of the people that belong to it, are truly limited in their possibilities of exploring other people's perspectives and situations. Hence acting like an angry mob when presented with the thought of competition and change.

Given you know my age, I find it funny any of you would try to make me look bad for trying to ask for help. In essence this proves my previous point I made of your already established mental limitations.

Another funny fact about the people that bothered in replying to my stupid and incomplete post is that they admire someone (Ahnuld) that uses Wikipedia and synonym.com to pull up definitions and change up a few words to make a simple minded point. Common, I could do much better than that. Let me tell you exactly what gave you away sir, your simple minded comments like " Yes Sir! OOH RAH!" and " Giddy up".
I'm sorry but this "kid" might not have much experience in the insurance business, but I can assure you I speak three languages more than you, have touched twenty more different types of currency than you, owned six more businesses than you have, and can probably acquire one million dollars more in resources that you could even imagine.

It truly scares me how simple it is to decipher someone's capabilities and limitations by searching for "simple minded people talking", please refer to THIS STUDY and gauge your stupidity according to how many big words you used to describe your mental frustration.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen,
Dan

ps. Please refrain from replying to this post, you will be the last person to truly care about your opinion.
In simple words, don't bother posting. Truly could care less. Thanks again.

I belong to alot of forums where civilized people like yourselves come together and discuss a topic of interest, insurance in this case.

The funny thing about this forum is that most of the people that belong to it, are truly limited in their possibilities of exploring other people's perspectives and situations. Hence acting like an angry mob when presented with the thought of competition and change.

You have stated in previous threads that you are newly licensed, inexperience in business (your exact words) and are going to find a way to incorporate your business into AFLAC (which you can't do since that is a captive arrangement).

Given you know my age, I find it funny any of you would try to make me look bad for trying to ask for help. In essence this proves my previous point I made of your already established mental limitations.

You did not ask for help, you threw a half-assed, already oversaturated idea out there and expected people to reply with great ideas for you to use for free. As the old saying goes, your idea's "been done".

...but I can assure you I speak three languages more than you, have touched twenty more different types of currency than you, owned six more businesses than you have, and can probably acquire one million dollars more in resources that you could even imagine.

Assumptions, you know what happens when you assume? I speak several languages including Russian, Polish and German and was trained at the DLI in Monterey before you were even born. I have travelled to and been stationed in more countries that you have ever visited and am sure I have held more currency or at least as much.

As to the rest, if you can acquire so much working capital, why do you work for AFLAC. Most serious career agents laugh at guys like you working for AFLAC -- and these are MDRT qualifiers. Let me know when you qualify for MDRT. Let me know if anyone in your AFLAC office has ever made MDRT or Top of the Table.

You claim to have owned six businesses yet in an earlier thread you wrote that you were new and "inexperienced" in business. Well, which is it? You manage to contradict yourself a lot in my review of the whole 13 posts you have made to this board. BTW, paper routes and Amway don't count.

It truly scares me how simple it is to decipher someone's capabilities and limitations by searching for "simple minded people talking", please refer to THIS STUDY and gauge your stupidity according to how many big words you used to describe your mental frustration.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen,
Dan

ps. Please refrain from replying to this post, you will be the last person to truly care about your opinion.
In simple words, don't bother posting. Truly could care less. Thanks again.

Actually I thought Ahnuld was trying to be helpful, but I guess that you just want to come on here and blather on and be insulting and act superior.

PS - the expression is "couldn't care less". Could care less indicates that, in fact, you could care less. Before you post web sites about using big words, you might want to make sure you have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the English language.

Last edited:
Is this the right thread to ask what type of CRM you are going to use?

HaHa, now that was good! He does seem to have the "holier than thou " attitude that is pervasive....no not that word...uh....ubiquitous..nope, not good either...hmmm...fa shizlle me nizzle I be selzin nsurance fo ma dizzle.

Back