Starting Indy-Direct Appointments?

Started truely independent in the spring of 2009, I contacted several carriers and my pitch was that I was looking for one big name carrier for the first year and the majority of my business would go to them. I had interest from several carriers, I ended up choosing Travelers, I sent them enough business to keep them happy and after the first year I added Hartford and Colorado Casualty. Within the first few months of opening I also added Progressive and several other regional commercial carriers. It has been going great.

SIAA is a joke for the new agents. Why would you pay $8500 just to sign with them.

Superior Access is OK, but still $1400 or so to have access to the carriers. Besides, they are very very slow.

To start with, why not go with Insurane Noodles, just $200/year. Once you have a book of business, then roll it over to Superior Access or even to SIAA, but in the beginning - cut your cost.

I am in the same boat here in Oklahoma, just getting started and I am thinking of going with Insurance Noodle just to get in but I am going to try Travelers and a few others also and just see what happens.

Start out with Progressive, and any non standard carriers you can get. Any direct appointments you get will have a direct result on your loss ratio. But don't be too concerned as you can after time make a good living with your non standard and surplus lines.

Amber can u plz update this post and tell me what happend. I am now a new agent in your same shoes and would like to know your outcome and who you used

Superior Access is OK, but still $1400 or so"

now in 2014, is that still the case. I believe it now is less? Smart Choice or Superior Access? One person IA @ Home, though am beginning to strain at the seams needing to brick-n-mortar outside my home. Shoestring budget. I now have have E&O for L&H through NAPA. & E&O for P&C (NAPA as well) at what I thought was very reasonable. As I continue to do the research I believe I need a rater service, @ a cost, but not for both? And a mo' membership cost, but not for both. In the interim, lining up business, with my Tax consulting business, my day job, which funds me for the year. A lot of info to take in and process, so am proceeding cautiously. I looked into FARMERS but it just didn't feel right to relinquish so much, though appealing. Was with AGLA for short term, too limited & only Life, annuities. Great Company but not why I spent so much time, $$ and energy to get Lic'e on L&H/P&C. Grateful though for exp'e. Trying to set up a one-stop-shop. Capitalize & Cross sell current client base. Many inquiries from my small client base (100) compelled me to get my L&H/P&C lic last year. I would really appreciate any thoughts on Smart Choice or Superior Access? Am in Southern CA

Superior Access is OK, but still $1400 or so"

now in 2014, is that still the case. I believe it now is less? Smart Choice or Superior Access? One person IA @ Home, though am beginning to strain at the seams needing to brick-n-mortar outside my home. Shoestring budget. I now have have E&O for L&H through NAPA. & E&O for P&C (NAPA as well) at what I thought was very reasonable. As I continue to do the research I believe I need a rater service, @ a cost, but not for both? And a mo' membership cost, but not for both. In the interim, lining up business, with my Tax consulting business, my day job, which funds me for the year. A lot of info to take in and process, so am proceeding cautiously. I looked into FARMERS but it just didn't feel right to relinquish so much, though appealing. Was with AGLA for short term, too limited & only Life, annuities. Great Company but not why I spent so much time, $$ and energy to get Lic'e on L&H/P&C. Grateful though for exp'e. Trying to set up a one-stop-shop. Capitalize & Cross sell current client base. Many inquiries from my small client base (100) compelled me to get my L&H/P&C lic last year. I would really appreciate any thoughts on Smart Choice or Superior Access? Am in Southern CA

How many threads are you posting this on Mr. Troll?:SLEEP:

Back