Starting my Own Shop. Need Help!

Sep 30, 2015

1. leveredbuyout

leveredbuyout New Member

Hello all first time poster but I have been viewing the site on and off for a year finding great nuggets of information.

About me: I used to be a financial advisor and then turned trader full time. I find my self really bored after an hour of market opening as this is when I am usually done trading and wanted to utilize my insurance license for extra income.

I have worked in insurance before several years ago with an IMO but I got frustrated given the cost of leads compared to their exclusivity. So what I wanted to know was a simple question

I know how to generate leads on my own so can I just have say four or five carriers I contract with and sell FE or other lines of insurance without having to be part of an IMO NMO ect? I just want to make calls, do some marketing, and write apps without having an IMO or other body taking a split or going under their carriers. Thoughts would be appreciated thank you.

2. Tkruger

Tkruger Guru

State:
    Florida
    The challenge you're going to run into is a high enough production level to go direct.

I suggest you speak with Todd R. King for contracting as he's fair with regards to comp.

(800) 590-7207 Toll Free
    (540) 400-6275 Local
    (888) 748-3978 Fax
    TRKingIM.com

Tkruger, Sep 30, 2015
  3. darius_cross

darius_cross New Member

If you can get yourself appointed independently...I say go for it! It has been my experience, however, that carriers don't like to appoint individuals who don't have an IMO/FMO behind them.

Good luck!

4. leveredbuyout

leveredbuyout New Member

I see so its not a matter of can I do it but will reputable carriers allow me to contract under them when I have (currently) no premium or any written to show production levels in the last few years. Makes sense. Ok I will check out the suggestion above.

Thank you for the answers.