Starting New Agency Need Advice

shooner

I am currently starting up a new P&C agency and would like some advice on some of the programs that you guys may have liked or disliked. I need to get a comparitive quoting software and an agency management system set up in the next couple weeks and would like some help on the pros and cons of the ones available. Right now I am looking at EZLynx, leads 2.0, Quomation, and Semcat for quoting and Hawksoft, and agency advantage for management but am always happy to hear about successes with other programs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

All of the products you are looking at have pretty good reputations. I would say that EZ Lynx is the best comparative if it has all of the companies in your state that you are or will be contracted with. Their biggest problem is that they are not tied to every carrier. Semcat works like EZ Lynx but I haven't heard much about them lately. Quomation is the best rater for the money. They are generally inexpensive when compared to EZ Lynx and most carriers try to participate with them.

All of the raters have limitations based on their carrier participation and the cost they impose on you for their services. EZ Lynx has recently started offering better pricing in MO. Quomatoin is priced differently in every state. Have each provider give you a list of carriers and products they support in your state and make decisions based on those factors. Quomation and EZ Lynx both offer free trial periods.

I am sorry but I have not seen Leads 2.0.

For management systems Hawksoft is good. Agency Advanatage is good. I would say they are a toss up as competitors. Quomation has a product called Power Manage that is fine. They may have a package deal for the rater and the managment system. One strength with Quomation is the very pro active personnel that work for that company. They respond to needs quickly and effectively. I hope this helps.

Gulliver

EZLynx is far superior to anything else in the market. I've been using it for about a year and a half or so and I am still impressed. Just when I find something I think could be improved they roll out another release and take care of that plus add more cool functionality. I've got about 12 people in my office and it has really streamlined things for us. They were lacking a carrier of mine when we first started out so I told them about it and two months later they added it with me as their first pilot agency. It's rare to get that kind of response from ANY type of vendor in this industry. If you have any questions, let me know.

Haven't tried leads 2.0 yet...

Back