Starting Out Part-Time

I'm mailing my t65 only 2-3 months in advance because I want people ready to buy. Am I losing some? ...probably but I'm saving so much time eliminating the information sucking tire kickers. I don't mind educating people but I have no interest talking with people who will want to talk to 10 other advisors.

Its a give & take. Mail only 2-3mos out, get less returns (here in Calif, A LOT less), but you got ppl ready to get enrolled NOW! Mail earlier, catch them before others have spoken to them, get FAR better returns per $, but play the waiting game 3mos til enrollment time. But you talk to them 1-3 times during that time period, establish repoire & if they trust u, they wont go elsewhere.

Mailing 6mos out is to me by far the BETTER method, once you can mail for 6mos straight (Why I cant do that), you got a steady income/policies to enroll ea & every month & u just rinse & repeat!

Its a give & take. Mail only 2-3mos out, get less returns (here in Calif, A LOT less), but you got ppl ready to get enrolled NOW! Mail earlier, catch them before others have spoken to them, get FAR better returns per $, but play the waiting game 3mos til enrollment time. But you talk to them 1-3 times during that time period, establish repoire & if they trust u, they wont go elsewhere.

Mailing 6mos out is to me by far the BETTER method, once you can mail for 6mos straight (Why I cant do that), you got a steady income/policies to enroll ea & every month & u just rinse & repeat!

Any of you guys tracking sales to pieces mailed? I'm at about 2.2 sales per 1k pieces. I'm thinking this is on the lower end as my guess is that most people get about 3 or more. I'm okay with my number because I'm not doing a reply card ...just my number printed on the mailer. Running another biz I have no time for the reply card follow ups.

Any of you guys tracking sales to pieces mailed? I'm at about 2.2 sales per 1k pieces. I'm thinking this is on the lower end as my guess is that most people get about 3 or more. I'm okay with my number because I'm not doing a reply card ...just my number printed on the mailer. Running another biz I have no time for the reply card follow ups.

I've never kept exact track of it but I'd have to say on 1k pieces id get 35 returned. Talk to 17. Set 8-10. Sell 4.
Not including referrals of course.

I did 1 mailing here locally for T65 (mainly MAPD area) and got 18 replies, sold 4. I did another mailing to a supp only counties in Norcal, paid per lead (so I dont know how much was mailed), got 76 back, sold 14, with 2 pending. If only I could keep doing that.

I did 1 mailing here locally for T65 (mainly MAPD area) and got 18 replies, sold 4. I did another mailing to a supp only counties in Norcal, paid per lead (so I dont know how much was mailed), got 76 back, sold 14, with 2 pending. If only I could keep doing that.

What did they charge you per lead card on the 76?

What did they charge you per lead card on the 76?

DUDE....its after 1am there, GO TO BED, lol!

I think it was $12.50 thru Ritter....unfortunately they wont let me do it anymore. They mistakenly sent me the offer to try out this new DM program they had, but I was only contracted with them for KSKJ Life Insurance. Once they figured out I had no medicare contracts with them, they stopped, lol!

Ive since added CVS PDP plan, wonder if they'll reconsider? :nah: :no: :swoon:

DUDE....its after 1am there, GO TO BED, lol! I think it was $12.50 thru Ritter....unfortunately they wont let me do it anymore. They mistakenly sent me the offer to try out this new DM program they had, but I was only contracted with them for KSKJ Life Insurance. Once they figured out I had no medicare contracts with them, they stopped, lol! Ive since added CVS PDP plan, wonder if they'll reconsider? :nah: :no: :swoon:

Lol I was up until 11 still doing a little bit of work. Added another state, added another phone number to my ObiTalk. Which by the way is amazing. I have 4 phone numbers to call out of and that ring to one phone and didn't pay a dime.

Yeah $12.50 is nice if you can get that many in but I still average a little lower cost per lead on DM.
My full January leads cost was $679. I got 60 cards in so its $11.32 per lead. But because I hit the lead co-op with premier I paid $454, lowering my cost per lead to $7.57 :)

Lol I was up until 11 still doing a little bit of work. Added another state, added another phone number to my ObiTalk. Which by the way is amazing. I have 4 phone numbers to call out of and that ring to one phone and didn't pay a dime.

Yeah $12.50 is nice if you can get that many in but I still average a little lower cost per lead on DM.
My full January leads cost was $679. I got 60 cards in so its $11.32 per lead. But because I hit the lead co-op with premier I paid $454, lowering my cost per lead to $7.57 :)

I didnt pay for the mailing tho, just the returns, $12.50ea. So what is ObiTalk, what does it do?

Hello,

I have been doing a small amount of Medicare business (MAPD, Supps, PDP) for about a year and a half now in addition to my full time job which is managing a life & health agency. Up until now, I've only worked our own book of business turning 65 and a few referrals but that is only about 1-2 people a month average, a few more during AEP.

We are going to a 4 day work week which will give me a full day I can start devoting to building my Medicare book. I can do some business on work days too, they are pretty flexible about that and previously I've done a lot of morning or early evening appointments to work around my schedule.

I'm interested in what others have done starting out part time to build both their knowledge and book of business. What type of leads did you purchase (pre-worked vs cold-calling?), etc. What worked for you? PM me or reply here- just looking for ideas of where to start.

Thanks!

I started out part time. This business is all about follow up. You have to be able to make calls every day for at least 1 hour, if you want to see results. I worked part time 1-3 hours on the phones every single day for a full year before going full time. This is while working a full time job, not related to insurance. Also, I employed a telemarketer to generate leads while I was working my full time job. I would get off work and have fresh leads to call and and follow up on everyday. Consistency is the only way to get going in this business.

I didnt pay for the mailing tho, just the returns, $12.50ea. So what is ObiTalk, what does it do?

I have multiple states that I work in and I wanted to make outbound calls from that states number. But I also don't want to pay a monthly bill to pay that.
ObiTalk lets me use multiple google numbers (when you usually can only have 1 connected to your phone) connected to one phone. You just buy the small box on Amazon ($50) and it connects to your phone and wifi. Free calling and multiple lines.

That's what I mean though, it's nice you know exactly how much you pay for each lead but crazy that he won't let you buy them anymore at that price. Seeing as I average much less than that per lead.

Back