Starting Out

Hi. I have an insurance license but for all practical purposes, no experience. What can I do to learn the business and make money without having to commit to any specific hours and give up my current schedule? Any advice would be appreciated.

This sounds a little far fetched to me, like a nice dream.

Hi. I have an insurance license but for all practical purposes, no experience. What can I do to learn the business and make money without having to commit to any specific hours and give up my current schedule? Any advice would be appreciated.

It sounds like you've been exposed to the course called "MLM Insurance 101"? Work your own hours, lay on a beach, collecting $100k in residuals.

I think a lot of you are reading too far into the OP's desire to make money. There was no dollar figure expressed. For all I know, they just want to earn enough to get themselves out of their job and do insurance full-time.

If that's the case, I'd focus on term, disability, and final expense... as these are generally one-call sales and don't have a steep PRODUCT learning curve or learning advanced planning strategies. Your learning curve would be on how you structure your selling process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back