Starting to feel like the wild west and snake oil

networks are very detailed. For example, a radiology department may be in network, but the radiologist may not be in network...

Not unique to MA plans. Same can be said for any mangled care plan.

I have battled that issue for more years than I can count, dealing with U65 health insurance and group insurance.

Hidden providers are a PITA.

Honestly, they're kind of like your employer plans (HMO/PPO)

They have to mimick the basic benefits or traditional Medicare Part A and B, but you should really read more details about them if you're in the Senior healthcare space.

Lot of agent bashing on MAPD. One side says agents are not honestly selling MAPD, but lot of agents not honestly selling Medicare Supplements. I sell both. I have heard too many Med Supp agents telling people they will have $6K deductible which we all know is BS, but a lot of scare tactics. While at a conference this week I heard that repeated by high level Insurance Carrier executives on stage.

One of the MAPD carriers I spoke to this week said that the average MAPD client on their $0 premium plan pays $2,300 in copays which include prescription copays.

Med Supp plan enrollment is trending down, MAPD is trending up for many years. MOO got into the MAPD market for a reason.

Lot of agent bashing on MAPD. One side says agents are not honestly selling MAPD, but lot of agents not honestly selling Medicare Supplements. I sell both. I have heard too many Med Supp agents telling people they will have $6K deductible which we all know is BS, but a lot of scare tactics. While at a conference this week I heard that repeated by high level Insurance Carrier executives on stage.

One of the MAPD carriers I spoke to this week said that the average MAPD client on their $0 premium plan pays $2,300 in copays which include prescription copays.

Med Supp plan enrollment is trending down, MAPD is trending up for many years. MOO got into the MAPD market for a reason.

The more I do this the more I find when someone with any reason tells me they have some misinfo like that These can be easy sales

When I go through details of both sides they realize I am different and gives me extra credibility

Although there are those that have no Reason within them

those I can't do anything for

Many of those clients are just simply not paying attention when they are being shown how the plans work. They don't absorb the knowledge. I know this because I worked for many years in a call center environment where there was very strict guidelines forcing me to exhaust all disclaimers including TROOP, MOOP and the IRMAA. Our calls were monitored and commissions withheld if not compliant so I know that every enrollment I did the client was well informed. Naturally I would speak with many of these people at a later time and they would insist I never explained that their advantage plan replaces medicare or they would accuse me of not explaining that they would have to pay $395 per day if hospitalized. Only after producing the recorded call would they yield their argument.

Back