Starting to Market Medsupp 67+

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
So I decided recently to start to try marketing to medsupps age 67+. I seem to remember reading somewhere around this forum about a "blue ocean" and a "red ocean", and among several other arguments about how the T65 market is very crowded.
I usually market exclusively to the T65 market, and I feel I have my presentation down packed with that market. But the reason I am dabbling in the other market is because getting infront of the T65 prospect seems to be getting harder and harder. So I am hoping the 67+ crowd will be a little easier.

i ordered a Mailer recently, and am expecting leads to start coming in next week. What can I expect? Should I approach these people a little differently? What are some talking points I should cover during my presentation? Any last minute advice, before I jump in the blue ocean?

Just wondering...why are you doing this now? For people with no med supp? I was thinking this was a great idea for AEP.

I sell supps all year long in the T65 market. I am wondering about T67's? Are you assuming they are insurable?

I sell supps all year long in the T65 market. I am wondering about T67's? Are you assuming they are insurable?

Lots of them are insurable and if they weren't then AEP wouldn't help you insure them with a supp anyway. 99% of my supp sales are sent through underwriting. I'd say 95% of the one I send through get accepted. That's a low estimate too.

Lots of them are insurable and if they weren't then AEP wouldn't help you insure them with a supp anyway. 99% of my supp sales are sent through underwriting. I'd say 95% of the one I send through get accepted. That's a low estimate too.

Researching T67's in Dallas.

Thanks for the tip!

Use income filters as well. Some say $25k and up while others will start lower, around $17k.

If I were doing mailers I would steal Rick's, mail to a list of 67- 76, income of $25k+ and pick mostly rural counties where MAPD options were limited.

Back