Starting Up

cgreene

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am looking at going independent. I've been a captive agent for five years for liberty mutual and for MetLife for one year. And I have a unique business model i travel about 1200 miles a week visiting 500 schools, realtors, and mortgage brokers. I average around 400,000 in premium a year. I want advise on Iroquois, SIAA, and getting an appointment with ASI in Al and Ga.

I am looking at going independent. I've been a captive agent for five years for liberty mutual and for MetLife for one year. And I have a unique business model i travel about 1200 miles a week visiting 500 schools, realtors, and mortgage brokers. I average around 400,000 in premium a year. I want advise on Iroquois, SIAA, and getting an appointment with ASI in Al and Ga.

Chris? I know that's you! Last time I spoke to you you were leaving Snellville and headed to Alabama. Hope your health is better. I'll pm you my cell number...is live to catch up.

Donnie

That's sounds like a lot of Travel. Met captive, I want to hear those stories.....

Consider what it is you want to create and how you want to achieve it. What carrier access will you need to be successful. (How can/do you want to get that access?) Can you get them direct? (Most often Non Standard Companies- might be the agency you want to create- I doubt it)

Consider a group with no equity interest in your book.

Consider a group with the ability to train an support you through your long learning curve. (Independence is no walk in the park, there is A LOT to learn despite your impressive career so far!

Consider the transparency between the home office an the agent that belong to the group.

That's sounds like a lot of Travel. Met captive, I want to hear those stories..... Consider what it is you want to create and how you want to achieve it. What carrier access will you need to be successful. (How can/do you want to get that access?) Can you get them direct? (Most often Non Standard Companies- might be the agency you want to create- I doubt it) Consider a group with no equity interest in your book. Consider a group with the ability to train an support you through your long learning curve. (Independence is no walk in the park, there is A LOT to learn despite your impressive career so far! Consider the transparency between the home office an the agent that belong to the group.

I'm glad you responded, I actually told him to pm you.

I have been told working from home really isn't an option because of direct appointments.

Back