Starting with AGLA - American General Life and Accident

NWAAgent

I am on trac to start a new career with AGLA in the next few weeks, as soon as the hiring process is completed. I would definitely appreciate any insights from anyone who currently works for this company, or has in the past. Open to all information. Please share any good experiences, as well as any bad, and any recommendations you can make will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I worked with them in 2001 for about a year, at that time their offices were mostly debit but moving away from that.
I did take a small book but DID not work the debit side i transferred anyone who was not annual or eft off my book so I could sell.
I did very well in the year or so I worked there. They had a very good comp plan with LOTS of bonuses because the debit guys were lazy and didnt sell so if you got out and worked they would really pay you for it.
But If they aren't giving you a marketing allowence or some sort of steady leads I'm not sure how good of a deal it will be.
I dont know what you mean by "direct prospecting"? I had a huge book of people to call that no one had really tried to sell in quite awhile. If I had to cold call and find clients myself I am not sure how good the deal would have been.
The only other information I can offer would be that the weekly pay in the beginning is negotiable in 2001 I was recieving $650 per week for the first 3 or 4 months, after that its commissions and bonuses, But it can really jump up.

Last edited:
Back