Starting with American Income Life

I suspect that approach worked a lot better. Where you did it almost as a take away, where they had to earn it, versus begging for the referral.

People loved to give their loved ones a "free $1,000 accident policy". It was a slam dunk! One of the most clever marketing tools ever. AI really has a slick system and presentation. We actually collected canned goods for the "union workers that were laid off or on strike". Kept my family fed! Actually just kidding. What we collected we took to the local food bank.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am still there in my 5th year. Trying to get the capital to go to Imo. I suppose every office is different because I’m not forced to work those hours,ect. My issue is the ways they find to not pay you appropriately. Reducing advance and no bonus on retention and net to growth which they predict on which policies they approve.

Sorry to post this question that has probably been asked a hundred times. I'm not seeing a search feature on the mobile version.

I'd like to here thoughts on starting with AIL.

I was independent several years ago and busted out. I wish I had joined a group where I can get the hand holding I need early on, then build a team as I mature in the business.

I'm asking about AIL because I have an opportunity to join them despite having been vectored. I'll have to pay back that debt of course through payments.

Regardless. It's hard because I know somebody who started there a couple months ago. I just don't trust what anyone says in the business anymore. I trust this one individual, to a degree.

We'll be talking more at length soon about the opportunity. I'm still anticipating a pile of BS. Mostly because he's new with them and I'm sure he's still fixated on the lipstick, not realizing its on a pig yet.

I suspect leads are a pike of names from unions who essentially be cold calling. I'd have to try and represent myself as being from the union, or associated with the union to get the opportunity to talk to them. I don't have the highest morals honestly. Anything to make a buck.

I'm curious how much cash I'd have to put in before making money.

Do I have to buy my leads?

What kind of commission % can I expect? Residuals?

Will commission tiers increase?

What can I expect to take home year 1 as an "average" sales person. 25-40k, 40-55k? Ill work 100hrs a week. IDK.

Those are the most pressing questions. But I am open to any and all feedback.

Thank you in advance.
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/introduction.98909/#post-1309201

Unfortunately I am still there in my 5th year. Trying to get the capital to go to Imo. I suppose every office is different because I’m not forced to work those hours,ect. My issue is the ways they find to not pay you appropriately. Reducing advance and no bonus on retention and net to growth which they predict on which policies they approve.
Are the agents not unionized? Why do they allow that?

Back