State Farm Agents Need Your Help!

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
anyone from state farm or know how to read their dec page?

Trying to figure out if their policy is HO1 Ho2 HO3 or a hybrid version. I can never see it on clients dec pages (this is all they bring to me, no iso forms)

i tried to ask a state farm agent and be sneaky lol and they told me their not going to go into ho1 ho2 ho3 because they had to goto school for it and i wouldnt understand. then i told him i was a broker and he doesnt want to help me lol. silly me for doing that.

Last edited:
pretty basic stuff, really depends on the type of residence and what its used for.

General rule for homeowners: HO3=house, HO4=renters, HO6 = Condo.

Last edited:

Trying to figure out if their policy is HO1 Ho2 HO3 or a hybrid version. I can never see it on clients dec pages (this is all they bring to me, no iso forms)

i tried to ask a state farm agent and be sneaky lol and they told me their not going to go into ho1 ho2 ho3 because they had to goto school for it and i wouldnt understand. then i told him i was a broker and he doesnt want to help me lol. silly me for doing that.

In case no State Farm agents reply:

This is going way back to the early 90s, but I was looking at a State Farm home insurance dec, with a form number indicating it was an HO-5, which did not seem right to me. I called a State Farm agency hoping for some professional courtesy, but I was treated rudely, and they hung up on me. But, hey, it was New Jersey, where a rude attitude is not uncommon.

State Farm files their own forms, so I wouldn't try to classify their policies as comparable to any ISO forms. If you are trying to figure out strengths and weaknesses of coverage, have State Farm quote your own home insurance, if they are willing to provide you with a specimen copy of their policy. Or, try to get a prospect to request a copy of their State Farm policy and bring it to your office, so you can review it for coverage gaps.

I don't know your state's market, but are you really seeing anyone selling HO-1 or HO-2 for a primary residence? Looking at the amounts of coverage for A,B,C,D can give you some indication about things like replacement cost on contents, too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pretty basic stuff, really depends on the type of residence and what its used for.

General rule for homeowners: HO3=house, HO4=renters, HO5 = Condo.

HO-6 is condo, HO-5 is open peril for contents homeowners insurance, if I remember correctly. HO-1, HO-2 are home insurance policies with less coverage than the HO-3, and protect against fewer perils.

Last edited:
HO-6 is condo, HO-5 is open peril for contents homeowners insurance, if I remember correctly. HO-1, HO-2 are home insurance policies with less coverage than the HO-3, and protect against fewer perils.

The 5 and the 6 are so close together lol...HO5 is open peril but an HO3 will usually work in most places for most houses, the price difference between the two will also sway customers to the H3

yes, my market goes from DP1-3 and ho1-ho3 for primary owner occupied homes, im trying to compare coverages and make the sale, but theres no indication what state farm form is.

HO5 is the HO3 with an HO 15 endorsement.

I may be wrong but State Farm only borrows from the ISO HO-3 language but they don't call it an HO-3. It's fairly close to an HO-3 though, but is better than average with several things covered that the standard ISO does not cover.

I'd consider the SF Homeowner policy a hybrid but most similar to a very high quality HO-3.

Most State Farm agents don't know what their product is. They think all Homeowners is the same.

In Georgia tbey all seem to be HO-5's.
Not sure about other states.

Back