State Farm Background Check for Employment

Hello,

I recently received a contingent offer for employment with State Farm. However, I am worried about doing my background check. I have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge back in 2004 for a misunderstanding between me and my ex-boyfriend. I am worried this will affect me getting the job. I was told that State Farm no longer does credit checks. Do anyone know if this information is true? Do anyone know if my misdemeanor domestic violence charge will affect me receiving a formal offer? Should I contact the recruiter and inform him of the charge? I really need this job and don't want to loose it because of the misdemeanor.

Thanks

Hello,

I recently received a contingent offer for employment with State Farm. However, I am worried about doing my background check. I have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge back in 2004 for a misunderstanding between me and my ex-boyfriend. I am worried this will affect me getting the job. I was told that State Farm no longer does credit checks. Do anyone know if this information is true? Do anyone know if my misdemeanor domestic violence charge will affect me receiving a formal offer? Should I contact the recruiter and inform him of the charge? I really need this job and don't want to loose it because of the misdemeanor. Thanks

I would definitely let the recruiter know up front.

Is this for becoming an agency owner, or a state farm "team member". I believe if its for a SF team member you work the agent not for SF.

Hello,

I recently received a contingent offer for employment with State Farm. However, I am worried about doing my background check. I have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge back in 2004 for a misunderstanding between me and my ex-boyfriend. I am worried this will affect me getting the job. I was told that State Farm no longer does credit checks. Do anyone know if this information is true? Do anyone know if my misdemeanor domestic violence charge will affect me receiving a formal offer? Should I contact the recruiter and inform him of the charge? I really need this job and don't want to loose it because of the misdemeanor.

Thanks

I really don't understand why people want to go to work for State Farm. There are so many people on here that will help you go to work the right way INDEPENDENT if you will just ask.:skeptical:

toehill said:
I really don't understand why people want to go to work for State Farm. There are so many people on here that will help you go to work the right way INDEPENDENT if you will just ask.:skeptical:

I have my P&C license, I want to start on my own,I have a little bit of experience in Insurance , but don't know any good company to start of, any help is welcome

I'm with you toehill, I was a SF team-member once and I would never wish that punishment upon anyone... I"m sure someone from SF checks this board, so I will keep my comments to myself...

I have my P&C license, I want to start on my own,I have a little bit of experience in Insurance , but don't know any good company to start of, any help is welcome

I am not a P&C guy but if you start a thread asking for help starting out in P&C I'm sure you will get all of your questions answered. Try a search as well. Probably a ton on the topic to read up on.:idea:

But Toehill, isn't it better to learn the ropes before going indy? Assuming you have no previous experience in the industry? I eventually want to go indy too, but am working as a Farmer's producer to learn the ropes. Not something I want to do forever, but it's a great learning tool.

But Toehill, isn't it better to learn the ropes before going indy? Assuming you have no previous experience in the industry? I eventually want to go indy too, but am working as a Farmer's producer to learn the ropes. Not something I want to do forever, but it's a great learning tool.

Do what you have to do. You could make points for both sides I guess. I guess I have gotten lucky in that I have a great mentor. That has helped me. I also just call the company if I have questions and get help from them. I am selling their products so they help get me answers.

I don't really know how Farmers works. So I have no comment on that. I would like to hear what Farmers does for you? Do they give you leads and charge you for them? What kind of commission split do they give you?

Hello,

Thanks

I was just hired to work for a local agent. I was worried about my credit. I was upfront with the agent and he told me SF stopped checking credit about a month ago. He said they were letting too many great people slip by because of poor credit. They are understanding that in this economy, more people are going to have blemishes on their credit.

Last edited:
Back