State Farm Background Check for Employment

Hey there! I just read your post about becoming a team member for State Farm agent...... I had an interview and now am going tomorrow to speak about the rest of the details.

I'm very worried about my credit. Do you know if this is a change that all agents have taken? To stop doing the credit checks?

I'd so appreciate your advice!

I hope for your sake that your experience is/was different from mine. I had some misdemeanors from 2001, 1997, 1992 and 1989, none of which were related to anything financial. I got my life back together, volunteered in groups to help others, got married and had a boy. Studied and passed the Life Agent exam. Fully disclosed the misdemeanors.

The California Dept. of Insurance flipped out over the misdemeanors, sent my application through the CDI Legal Department, delayed my app for a year. Finally I withdrew the application.

That was in 2004; I waited and in 2011 I re-studied, re-passed the exam, and the exact same thing happened again. I just withdrew my app on February 4.

CDI looks over the four corners of the Earth for arrests etc. but does zero due diligence for any other factors. They had (and have) no idea of my other activities and apparently don't care.

One irony is that I have been working for three years for a leading professional investigative firm, and I think I have an idea of what a thorough investigation is like.

I hope for your sake that your experience is/was different from mine. I had some misdemeanors from 2001, 1997, 1992 and 1989, none of which were related to anything financial.

Why would "none related to financial" make a difference?

You have a BAD History, I wouldnt hire you

Seig Heil you hypocrite. Please take note of the following:
1. I wasn't talking to you
2. Your opinion does not matter
3. I would not accept an offer from someone with your attitude
4. With two MIT degrees and five patents, I think I can do well without your employment

Now go get a life. I have, without you and the CDI.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Unsubscribing now... I said whatI had to say, and I don't need to hear from trolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's certainly a valid question. I pursued it in 2004 because I was looking for something interesting to do, and in 2011 to get closure. With the events that occurred, I realized that I don't need the grief - there are plenty of ways to be productive and prosperous without having to deal with the piddling stuff that is even happening on this forum.

The only reason I posted was hopefully to safe someone else from the frustration. I noticed that that person has not responded, only others to whom my post was not directed.

Don't take it personally but as soon as I find where in the site to delete my profile I will be gone. I have better things to do.

Back