State Farm Claim Associates

starplayah14

I apologize if this is wrong place for this thread...

I just got an email back for an application I did for Claims Associate. Quick question, however. I have a bench warrant for my arrest stemming from a parking ticket. I am not worried about drug test or anything else.... I am just curious as to if this will deny me this job because I desperately need it right now.

Its for a speeding ticket that I went to court for, got community service, didn't do it, now it has turned into a bench warrant. I need this job to pay it off. Alternatively, can I just turn myself in, do 2 or 3 days, and get time served? I know it may seem stupid to want to spend time in jail but I can stay a couple days to put this behind. I am low on funds right now.

State Farm is a rather conservative employer. They will do a background check on you and they'll find out about this. The fact that it's for a parking ticket... should make it a minor issue. But that it escalated into an arrest... could make it quite interesting.

While it's generally bad to say that you're "low on funds", it does show that you really need a job.

My recommendation: Wear really nice pants.

Back