State Farm commission structure

Dexes

Expert
Is State Farm team member commission 5% on P&C everywhere either in California or nationwide? I was curious as each agent is 1099 independent contractor working with State Farm.

I helped build a State Farm office, so a State Farm agent is free to chime in, but the State Farm "Agent" or "Agency Owner" has an agreement with State Farm. They then hire team members as employees or 1099. Those team members can be either 1099, employees, 5% commission, 10% commission, salary, whatever. Since the team members work for the agency owner, and not State Farm corporate, then the agency owner can set up whatever agreement they want.

I helped build a State Farm office, so a State Farm agent is free to chime in, but the State Farm "Agent" or "Agency Owner" has an agreement with State Farm. They then hire team members as employees or 1099. Those team members can be either 1099, employees, 5% commission, 10% commission, salary, whatever. Since the team members work for the agency owner, and not State Farm corporate, then the agency owner can set up whatever agreement they want.
I thought it did vary. My agent pays 5%. I'm almost out of there, I just need to finish my life insurance license. I did almost 10k as of today this week, but I would like to work in environment with more productivity/ incentives

I went the path (partly by dumb luck, and partly by shrewdness) of starting captive and going indi. Most agree that's the best. Learn on someone else's nickel captive, then go indi to really hit the home run. Personally I am extremely happy I went commercial p&c. I never would have made it in life, I'm not that good a salesman. But commercial p&c has been really really good to me. Being in one of the most economically prosperous places in the world doesn't hurt either.

I went the path (partly by dumb luck, and partly by shrewdness) of starting captive and going indi. Most agree that's the best. Learn on someone else's nickel captive, then go indi to really hit the home run. Personally I am extremely happy I went commercial p&c. I never would have made it in life, I'm not that good a salesman. But commercial p&c has been really really good to me. Being in one of the most economically prosperous places in the world doesn't hurt either.
I agree and thank you for that. I have a job lined up at a State Farm office that does very well, but indy is interesting. I just realized the other day that our state is a economic powerhouse in iteself. I'm in LA so I'm really exploring. I've met a few independent people and a girl I'm dating her dad is independent and makes a fortune.

I work for a State Farm agent, newly licensed for P&C and my spread is 1%, 2%, 3% commission plus base. Is this normal? Feel like I am missing out. 40+ apps first mo @ 2% sold....

I thought it did vary. My agent pays 5%. I'm almost out of there, I just need to finish my life insurance license. I did almost 10k as of today this week, but I would like to work in environment with more productivity/ incentives
You have no overhead and the SF agent pay you 5%?

You have no overhead and the SF agent pay you 5%?
My agent has overhead and there is really severe issues with other team members. She cut the commission down to 5% when I joined the office. If the agent cares or not she isnt in the office doing personal things most days.

I work for a State Farm agent, newly licensed for P&C and my spread is 1%, 2%, 3% commission plus base. Is this normal? Feel like I am missing out. 40+ apps first mo @ 2% sold....
I get 5% and a $50 bonus. If we hit a certain number I profit share with the agent

Your compensation is set up exclusively by your agent. He/she has complete discretion on what they pay their staff. Another agent down the street could pay more or less than your current agent.

Latest posts

Back