Who from experience favors which company ? I know of one person

who switched 20 years to Allstate and is happy with it. Another is more

satisfied with State Farm. I am paying every 900 every 6 months on my

2005 tundra with State Farm.

Who from experience favors which company ? I know of one person

who switched 20 years to Allstate and is happy with it. Another is more

satisfied with State Farm. I am paying every 900 every 6 months on my

2005 tundra with State Farm.

Neither: the independents like Erie, Pekin, Safeco, etc. have my money.

900 seems high depends on your age....check with the independent agencies have them run five at a time no harm in it

xrac,

Have you had claims involving accidents that were paid off ?

I have and there were no problem with Pekin. However, I will tell you that the worst adjuster I have ever dealt was Allstate. My son had them and was sent to an Allstate approved body shop after hitting a deer. When he got it back he complained about a noise he didn't have before. To make a long story short over $900 worth of concealed damage was found that the body shop ignored. This included a radiator, condenser, and a cooling fan assembly. These were all still functioning but were all damaged. This "approved" body shop would have have to have saw it because they had to remove the shroud to do the repair that they did.

Last edited:
I haven't heard any good reports about All State claims in the past few years. They skimp on coverage to make up on price, as well.
State Farm is no longer as great as they once were. As a person who also has an interest in a finance company of sorts, I can tell you first-hand some of their practices are marginal at best, if not downright unethical.
A lot of agents are down on the Hartford for valid reasons, but my experiences with their claims team has been too notch. Safeco and Travelers are typically good to deal with as well. I've heard mixed reviews on auto-owners, though my experiences have been positive.
Talk to a local independent agent.

Back