State Farm Partnering on P&C

Re: State Farm

Are State Farm guys good to partner with on p&c?

State Farm isn't bad in NC. If I had the choice, however, I would partner with one of the following:

Independent agency (though I am a little biased)
Nationwide
GEICO
Erie

They seem to be doing the best here in NC. I think the independent would be the best option though.

I would definitely go with an indy instead, but you're not really giving a lot of background information.

I'm joining a BNI group and there is a State Farm agent. Just curious on how many of the p&c stuff I should give him. I get 7-9 people a week who "want something better" than their current insurer. I don't have my pc and I need to build a relationship with someone who I trust contacting these people without taking my clients. Make sense?

They won't get hurt any going to SF, but the SF guy won't be able to help all of them. Way better off going with an indy.

I'm joining a BNI group and there is a State Farm agent. Just curious on how many of the p&c stuff I should give him. I get 7-9 people a week who "want something better" than their current insurer. I don't have my pc and I need to build a relationship with someone who I trust contacting these people without taking my clients. Make sense?

If you set up this relationship make sure you let him know you expect referrals from him. I have a state farm agent that I send referrals to and he is great with sending life insurance referrals back. He actually hates to sell life products. Also set up a referral partnership with an independent agent as well. Always nice to have options

If you set up this relationship make sure you let him know you expect referrals from him. I have a state farm agent that I send referrals to and he is great with sending life insurance referrals back. He actually hates to sell life products. Also set up a referral partnership with an independent agent as well. Always nice to have options

Aren't they under the gun for life insurance production? An Allstate agent would never kick out a life referral unless it was something they couldn't get written.

Aren't they under the gun for life insurance production? An Allstate agent would never kick out a life referral unless it was something they couldn't get written.

Must be an older agent on a previous contract. Under the new contract they have to sell all the life they can. I do not think SF in most cases would be a very good partner.

The one I work with hates it and even tells most of his clients that state farm isn't competitive with their rates. He is not worried abuout his production so I'm assuming he's doing enough p/c to keep them happy

The one I work with hates it and even tells most of his clients that state farm isn't competitive with their rates. He is not worried abuout his production so I'm assuming he's doing enough p/c to keep them happy

You hit a great situation there. That's awesome.

Back