State Farm Sure Packs 'Em Dense

One day I was driving home and noticed a State Farm agency. It dawned on me that it wasn't the first one I'd seen on that relatively short drive. I receive mailers from at least two different SF agencies each month, every month.

Out of curiosity, I looked to see how many agents are in my current city, Portland, Oregon.

In a city of 149 square miles there are...49 State Farm agencies! That's one every 3 square miles. For a middle-sized city of 600K residents.

And among the three major suburbs, there's another 25.

All selling the same products and all competing with each other for customers.

One day I was driving home and noticed a State Farm agency. It dawned on me that it wasn't the first one I'd seen on that relatively short drive. I receive mailers from at least two different SF agencies each month, every month.

Out of curiosity, I looked to see how many agents are in my current city, Portland, Oregon.

In a city of 149 square miles there are...49 State Farm agencies! That's one every 3 square miles. For a middle-sized city of 600K residents.

What sets you apart from them?

Might be why they are #1 nationally in market share. Who knows.

If you had to guess, what do you think it takes for an agent to get the upper hand in these markets? Buy more internet leads or market hard to businesses for referrals? Just curious

Back