State Farm Whole Life

MIM

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey everybody! Just wanted to see what the general consensus was on State Farm's Whole Life product. Do you all think it's great! Bunk ? Please be brutally honest. I always thought they were a P&C company but a State Farm agent recently corrected me and said they are a top rated "life" company. My mom purchased a whole life policy on me when I was really little and still has it to this day. I haven't done a comparison yet and wanted to bounce it off of here first. (Not sure how they stack up against pars and nonpars of the more popular names like Assurity, Gerber, Ohio National, etc.) Thanks!

MIM :GEEK::idea:

They don't have all the design features (paid up adds rider for example) but back when Best's Review was still doing their historical 20-year Net Cost study, they were in the top 2 or 3.

State Farm actually let's you quote their life products online (incl whole life with an illustration) without having to put your contact info in.

Hmmm.... I wonder if they allow broker contracts ? Probably not eh ?

MIM :GEEK::idea:

They don't have all the design features (paid up adds rider for example) but back when Best's Review was still doing their historical 20-year Net Cost study, they were in the top 2 or 3.

I know this thread is old, but I had to bump it to correct something. Was comparing a State Farm to Mass policy and almost said the same thing before I ran a quote myself (attached).

Attachments

• illustration.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 33
I know this thread is old, but I had to bump it to correct something. Was comparing a State Farm to Mass policy and almost said the same thing before I ran a quote myself (attached).

Look again. The dividend OPTION is paid up adds, but they have no PUA RIDER to accept lump-sum premiums or 1035 exchange rollovers. That said, historically, the base contract has performed well.

Back