State Farm

As a independent, I am constantly going up against State Farm and their rates are really good for compared to what I can offer with Safeco, Metlife..are their any carriers that can compete against them?

I assume you are in Texas? Are you talking about home insurance?

Have you read a State Farm home policy? I suggest you go read a SF policy then read one from one of your better insurers.

In general I believe selling on premium is not a general good use of your time. I won't say that I have never sold on premium - but I do not do it much.

thanks..to be honest..I have not..where can I do that? What are some of the differences or some of the main points? I would love to be able to articulate why someone should not stay with State Farm..I see a lot of State Farm policies in my area as well as (Auto Owners, Farm bureau, Farmers ) ...do you know of some carriers that work with independents that from a coverage stand point, and policy standpoint are better than the captive carriers?
Thanks

Insurance Sales is not a cheat sheet it is a lot of hard work. One must become the master of knowledge of the product in their niche in order to differentiate what you do.

And it "can be" a very lucrative profession if you decide to treat it that way. If you are not willing or able to read competitors and your own policy specificm forms each day/night you won't be any different than Flo or the Gecko.

Where can you get a State Farm policy?, why from a State Farm agent of course or even a prospect of yours. If you look hard enough you might even notices signficant wording differences on their policy declarations page.

Last edited:
thanks..to be honest..I have not..where can I do that? What are some of the differences or some of the main points? I would love to be able to articulate why someone should not stay with State Farm..I see a lot of State Farm policies in my area as well as (Auto Owners, Farm bureau, Farmers ) ...do you know of some carriers that work with independents that from a coverage stand point, and policy standpoint are better than the captive carriers?
Thanks
Isn't ironic that captive companies still have such a lion's share of the market share. Still amazes me to this day like you mention seeing so many with State farm, Farmers, Farm Bureau. Maybe the key is to have Farm in the name....in an ironic twist Farmers & State Farm don't really cover any Farms. Weird

Isn't ironic that captive companies still have such a lion's share of the market share. Still amazes me to this day like you mention seeing so many with State farm, Farmers, Farm Bureau. Maybe the key is to have Farm in the name....in an ironic twist Farmers & State Farm don't really cover any Farms. Weird

Wanna know something really weird? The mayhem guy from the Allstate ads was an inmate in the HBO show Oz, and the Farmers spokesperson is the white supremesist rapist inmate from the HBO show Oz show. Now they are in insurance commercials. Just sayin'

Carry on.

Wanna know something really weird? The mayhem guy from the Allstate ads was an inmate in the HBO show Oz, and the Farmers spokesperson is the white supremesist rapist inmate from the HBO show Oz show. Now they are in insurance commercials. Just sayin'

Carry on.

Dean Winters (O'Reily) is amazing at being intimidating and hilarious at the same time.

Oz was a really amazing show.. I mean, it stinks of 90s videography and drama, but it's still pretty great.

Carry on.

Dean Winters (O'Reily) is amazing at being intimidating and hilarious at the same time.

Oz was a really amazing show.. I mean, it stinks of 90s videography and drama, but it's still pretty great.

Yeah, it reeks of 90's. It's clearly a great show, and it's part of the reason I got HBO max. I got partway into the first season, but couldn't really get into it. The same thing happened with GOT and The Wire. My loss I guess. I might try again later.

Yeah, it reeks of 90's. It's clearly a great show, and it's part of the reason I got HBO max. I got partway into the first season, but couldn't really get into it. The same thing happened with GOT and The Wire. My loss I guess. I might try again later.

The first season of most shows start slow. You have to introduce characters and the story hasn't been established yet.

Back