State Farm

kylef

I was wandering what the average age is for people starting out with State Farm as an agent? I'm almost 24, and I've had a little experience working as a team member for a SF agent (my father). I suspect that I'm still too young to start my own, so what steps should I take to gain experience until I'm old enough to do my own thing.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

I would think that one of your best sources for information would be your father. He should be able to tell you a lot of what you need to know or hook you up with someone with SF who could advise you. One way to pursue this might be to hook up with an INDY agency and learn all you can there for a few years. Who knows, you might decide to go INDY insteadof with SF.

I personally know of a brand new agent hired in my market area who just turned 26. He is four months into his agency and has already expanded to a total of 4 team members.

To answer your question. It's safe to say that as long as you are the "real deal" and show your potential, and beat out all the older candidates, the sky is the limit. It is competitive and you will be competing against experience as well. Just play your cards right.

There are so many variables to look at including the demographic of the area you will be serving. SF loves individuals with a real connection to their communities.

That's not to say your lack of experience would hurt your candidacy. Experience as a team member would certainly help you.

I personally know of a brand new agent hired in my market area who just turned 26. He is four months into his agency and has already expanded to a total of 4 team members.

He should be broke in another couple months....:laugh:

not wanting to bust your bubble so to speak, but you do need to talk to 10 newer Agents that were hired in 2004 and 2005. The opportunity is nothing like when your dad started. You need to totally realize what's ahead of you. To answer your question I have seen them hire from about age 25 to early 50's

To answer your question. It's safe to say that as long as you are the "real deal" and show your potential, and beat out all the older candidates, the sky is the limit. It is competitive and you will be competing against experience as well. Just play your cards right.

There are so many variables to look at including the demographic of the area you will be serving. SF loves individuals with a real connection to their communities.

That's not to say your lack of experience would hurt your candidacy. Experience as a team member would certainly help you.

I'm almost 24, and I've had a little experience working as a team member for a SF agent (my father).

Set up an inde shop down the street from your father and start moving his business into it. You will be well established by the time he retires or has enough from the Farm.

What makes you think you're too young to do your own thing? I'm 40 and am doing pretty well but if I had started when I was your age, I'd be about ready to retire. If you're a go-getter and have a GOOD CSR, you'll do well and make lots of money, no matter what your age is.

What makes you think you're too young to do your own thing? I'm 40 and am doing pretty well but if I had started when I was your age, I'd be about ready to retire. If you're a go-getter and have a GOOD CSR, you'll do well and make lots of money, no matter what your age is.

What makes you think this guy will answer a 2 year old post?:no::goofy::swoon:

Latest posts

Back