Staying Alive As a New Agent

Insurancetechhead

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
In short being a new insurance agent is generally a pretty grueling if not horrifying experience. Like moths to the flame we jumped on the opportunity to make $100,000K a year.

The golden sales systems turned out to be selling you friends and family and dialing the white pages. The manager who promised to be a mentor turned out to be....the words are not appropriate for the public. But as new agents we carried on.

Through wind and rain, through people missing their physicals, through anxious wives and angry husbands. Through self doubt, extreme self doubt, through raman noodles for a month, through doing what it took to nail that last sale so the lights don't get turned off. Through telling your wife it will all be ok, Through the first big sale and the elation that came with it. Through much of this most agents walk alone. I walked that path too.

BUT

There was one place I found actual honest to god help, (aside from this forum of course)

This site helped me when i ran out of ideas and was ready to quit, so I wanted to give a very public, very loud shout out to the rosenthalfiles.com

Thank you, when I was at my lowest your site had a ton of practical advice and prospecting systems that worked. I would not have made it as far as I did without your help.

-Sam

(just so were clear I have no affiliation with this site, I want to send new agents here who had to walk the same lonely path I did)

Last edited:
Mark Rosenthal is a good guy, though I haven't seen him talking a whole lot around here recently. Good website, definitely. I found out about it through the forums a while back

Mark Rosenthal is a good guy, though I haven't seen him talking a whole lot around here recently. Good website, definitely. I found out about it through the forums a while back

Mark, has been preoccupied lately. He got engaged yesterday.:yes:

In short being a new insurance agent is generally a pretty grueling if not horrifying experience. Like moths to the flame we jumped on the opportunity to make $100,000K a year.

The golden sales systems turned out to be selling you friends and family and dialing the white pages. The manager who promised to be a mentor turned out to be....the words are not appropriate for the public. But as new agents we carried on.

Through wind and rain, through people missing their physicals, through anxious wives and angry husbands. Through self doubt, extreme self doubt, through raman noodles for a month, through doing what it took to nail that last sale so the lights don't get turned off. Through telling your wife it will all be ok, Through the first big sale and the elation that came with it. Through much of this most agents walk alone. I walked that path too.

BUT

There was one place I found actual honest to god help, (aside from this forum of course)

This site helped me when i ran out of ideas and was ready to quit, so I wanted to give a very public, very loud shout out to the rosenthalfiles.com

Thank you, when I was at my lowest your site had a ton of practical advice and prospecting systems that worked. I would not have made it as far as I did without your help.

-Sam

(just so were clear I have no affiliation with this site, I want to send new agents here who had to walk the same lonely path I did)

Thank you so much! I'm here if any of you ever need me.

Mark seems to be a "good guy" around here and I'm sure the Rosenthalfiles help many people.

Thank You!

Thank You.

I've had a lot going on here lately. I found out this year that I have MS. I'm trying to get a handle on it and learn to live better with it. For those that have been praying for me. Thank You. I started a new drug 2 days ago and it has given me back my energy.

I'm working on a lot of projects right now, but if any of you need help with anything, just email me or call me.

Mark, has been preoccupied lately. He got engaged yesterday.:yes:

Yes, I found the love of my life. Ive known her for over half of my life. She is my soulmate and I never thought I would fall in love again or get married again. It feel so good to be in love. Love is the most powerful thing in the world.

Thank you so much! I'm here if any of you ever need me.

Thank You!

Thank You.

I've had a lot going on here lately. I found out this year that I have MS. I'm trying to get a handle on it and learn to live better with it. For those that have been praying for me. Thank You. I started a new drug 2 days ago and it has given me back my energy.

I'm working on a lot of projects right now, but if any of you need help with anything, just email me or call me.

Yes, I found the love of my life. Ive known her for over half of my life. She is my soulmate and I never thought I would fall in love again or get married again. It feel so good to be in love. Love is the most powerful thing in the world.

Congratulations and good luck. I am glad you and tins didn't hook up.

Back