sterling life insurance?

cajun 007

any comments good and bad would be appreciated. I just got my life and health license and have talked with them about coming aboard. From reading this forum I thought I would go captive first and then independent. looking for the best captive in louisiana. Please share you knowledge.

God bless

Been with 'em about a month as my first insurance job. Not bad, there seems to be a genuine interest in your success. In the end I'm thinking the big question would be the attitude in your particular office. Some offices are Medicare centric, others less so, I gather.

They are recruiting now in Indiana. I received a mailer today. Are they another outfit that recruits constantly?

Sterling Life Insurance, aka Sterling Health Plans are no longer connected to Combined. Sterling Life Insurance and Combined use to be part of AON Corporation. Combined, continually recruits and has been purchased by a company out of Florida, sorry, do not know the name. Sterling Life Insurance has become part of Munich Re Insurance out of Munich Germany.
Assets around 526billion. They do recruit to expand their offices. But they promote a Field Sales Manager to handle the recruitment.
Good Company, Good Training for the captive new agent.

I just got my L&H license in Alabama. I live in a small town (7,000 population) and in a rural area. Would you suggest becoming a captive agent. What can one expect to make as an income as a captive agent? What are the advantages/disadvantages? How do you contact the companies and which companies would you suggest? I know these are a lot of questions and I appolize if it is to much to start out with. But any suggestions would be appreciated.

Some of the benefits of being a captive: usually good training, and you get a lot of attention from management. They want you to succeed because they suceed when you do. Orphaned policy holders. { for cross-sell opportunities. } Staff and an office. Leads of some sort. Newbie pay. Yes, for a newbie it is often a good thing to have the training and support.

Back