Sterling Life Medicare Supplement

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by senior-advisor-indiana, Mar 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    Their rates look decent here in a couple spots in IN. I am considering contracting with them. Their UW questions are similar to everyone else but look good for non insulin diabetics.

I called to them to ask how their UW works, they do an RX check but not MIB. If they get an odd claim then they will run the MIB at that time and possibly rescind the policy, which worries me a little bit. Does anyone have any experience with them? I think they are pretty new to the independent
    force.

2. sshafran

sshafran Guru

State:
    Ohio
    Was their commission good? Let's keep things in perspective.... :twitchy:

3. senior-advisor-indiana

State:
    Indiana
    Dunno. They are just now starting to appoint independents direct and haven't decided on the commission level yet. Will probably know in a week or two.

4. tesflex

tesflex Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    I would NEVER write for a med sup company that does underwriting after a policy is issued. This would be a nightmare of it ever happened to one of your customers!

5. smokin goose

smokin goose Guru

State:
    Kentucky
    Are there any other companies that do that? I agree. It would be a nightmare.

6. goillini52

goillini52 Guru

State:
    Illinois
    I just looked at their rates for Noblesville for F, G and N and they're around 20% higher than the lowest....and that's after they lowered their rates 36% 3/1/2015. They're even more out of the ballpark here.

I've never dealt with them. A former Branch Mgr. I had with PMIC tried to recruit me to them about 15 years ago, and I passed. I think they were mostly MA then.

----------

I don't know of any companies that UW Med Supps at claim time anymore. That was more popular in the 90's. The last company I wrote for that did that was Lincoln Heritage.

I never had a policy rescinded. As long as you don't clean sheet it and they don't lie, you shouldn't have a problem. I'd sure have a long conversation with an UW and understand their health questions before I'd write one for them though.

7. senior-advisor-indiana

State:
    Indiana
    Yes, I think that is going to be a deal breaker.

----------

They show up as the second lowest carrier in the NW corner...

8. goillini52

goillini52 Guru

State:
    Illinois

Strange...I guess that's where they want to do business.

You say they're non insulin diabetic friendly. Are you talking with heart...or HBP?

9. senior-advisor-indiana

State:
    Indiana
    The only diabetic question is if you are on insulin. Doesn't ask about any complications. That could be a pretty big niche...

10. goillini52

goillini52 Guru

State:
    Illinois
    That could be a huge niche. I haven't heard a peep about them yet.