Sterling Life Medicare Supplement

Neither have I. They were captive only for the longest time from what I was told, then moved recently to the FMO/IMO channel and now moving to direct contracting. They have extra benefits in some states too on their supp plans. You can check out the app for your state here...Individual Plans

I remember seeing that they were one of the companies offering the Innovative F.

Aetna did this to one of my customers and attempted to rescind the policy. Of course I have written several hundred with them and that happened once. They ended up not rescinding.

Aetna didn't underwrite it after they issued it...they do a PHI, then underwrite it before issue. We're basically talking about a company underwriting at claim time in the 1st 2 years.

Aetna didn't underwrite it after they issued it...they do a PHI, then underwrite it before issue. We're basically talking about a company underwriting at claim time in the 1st 2 years.

Sterling isn't doing that either. If they think they were lied to they will look into it again. Aetna did that to me. It's the same thing regardless of the terminology used.

Don't deal with them. Bad reputation in my area. Mostly due to their captive agents, who have to sell to get paid, ( we all do, but my point is they are not paid a salary like maybe other captive agents ) . So the agents are sleazy, deceptive; turnover is high. In my area, ONLY their select rates are even competitive, BUT, their Select network restrictions apply to not only Part A, ( which is the norm with most companies) but also all Part B hospital care. Agents often don't disclose this. I've made a career of replacing Sterling Life policies. They were bought by WellCare a few years ago, which is a Medicare Advantage plan which currently has a low star rating with Medicare( which means there's an SEP for members). Now I have heard Cigna is buying them.

Tommy

Back