Sterling & Unicare Contracts

My United World contract is through The American Group Insurance Brokerage out of TX. Its 22% year 1-6, 9% year 7-10.

I called AGIB and there is only four states that they offer the 22%. My state unfortunatley IN is not one of them. They offer 15% in IN. I guess Mutual of Omaha doesn't want us to make money in IN.

I called AGIB and there is only four states that they offer the 22%. My state unfortunatley IN is not one of them. They offer 15% in IN. I guess Mutual of Omaha doesn't want us to make money in IN.

I was told by my FMO that when the United World rates dropped, so did the commissions. The commission varies depending on what state you're in, but most appear to be 15-17%.

Is it Sterling Investors or Sterling Life Insurance Co? I am looking for Sterling Life Ins Co that offers the Sterling Option I & II MA plans

Sterling Life is part of AON and has headquarters in Bellingham, WA. I think Sterling Investors is out of Rome, GA. I think Sterling Life may be captive only, either with Sterling or with Combined's senior division.

Is anyone getting better than 240 and 300 for unicare MA and mapd respectively? I think this is the best copay system in an MA plan provided that the customer notifies them of hospitalization so as not to be penalized.

Sterling Life is part of AON and has headquarters in Bellingham, WA. I think Sterling Investors is out of Rome, GA. I think Sterling Life may be captive only, either with Sterling or with Combined's senior division.

After a bunch of calls/voice mails this seems to be true. Was told through Sterling Life that they only sell through a captive force.

He was pushing the fact that you can contact Combine customers for cross sales. /shrug

Last edited:
Is anyone getting better than 240 and 300 for unicare MA and mapd respectively? I think this is the best copay system in an MA plan provided that the customer notifies them of hospitalization so as not to be penalized.

I found a slightly higher commission rate via Best Marketing Systems
They are out of Dallas and are the only FMO with a direct contract with CIP, so you can good rate with that SNP as well.

I like WellCare's Duet Plan. Even though it is only for medi-medis, it appears to have co-pays for hearing aids, dentures and glasses. Is that how everyone else reads it?

Back