Steve Delott training

mickeyma

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone have experience with training class from Steve Delott, the
2006 Senior Market Advisor of the year. Am newbie to annuities.
Or, should I purchase 3-Step Postcard method from Russ Jones?

I went but did not sign "on the dotted line". Didn't feel it was "training" per se. He, along with so many others, is looking to create a downline in an FMO. From what I recall, he is a one-trick pony in annuity sales (fixed, that is). For signing up, you'll get the magical potion of how to do seminars (let's not forget that those are on your own dime) and set appointments and close the deal. Sounds good on paper, but if they were really worth their salt, they would train first and then pay for your seminars, don't you think? Otherwise, the only skin in the game is yours.

Not saying I wouldn't go to the "training", see for yourself. You just have to know that annuities are not the be-all and end-all of financial products. Just ask Chris Hansen's aunt! :)

You have to admit it was funny when the guy continued to go for the close! Wasn't that Bill Denny?

I taped the Dateline show back when I was watching it.

I think I can now go back without the nausea and maybe see some humor since I haven't had any flack at all from the program. The only thing funny about the show that I can remember now was the Alabama insurance commissioner guy with the really bad hairpiece.

Went to the Steve DeLott training and agree with you that it was not training but recruitment effort for his downline. A waste of my $ for airfare and hotel.

I was thinking of flying from California to Chicago to go to his training. Did you actually go to his 2 day training?
And what did you think?

I know he is recruiting but it looks like he might have a worthwhile product.

Thanks,

Charles

Went to the Steve DeLott training and agree with you that it was not training but recruitment effort for his downline. A waste of my $ for airfare and hotel.

I went to his orientation and found his presentation to be right for me as well as my partner, who grew up in wealth management.

Steve personifies the KISS theory and has a wealth of support.

I've been looking for a seminar program and his will work for me. I'm glad I went.

I did fly from Los Angeles to Chicago for Delott's 2-day training. Also have listened in on two followup teleconferences. Still not very enthused about training. I don't do seminars and his brother-in-law is owner of Seminar Crowds so they push seminars. I contacted office of Craig Randall, the 2007 Advisor of the Year, and they recommended an annuity course from Insurance Pro Shop since I don't do seminars. I bought it and am very happy with it.

Found this old thread and thought folks might be interested to know that Delott was permanantly stripped of his insurance license in Illinois for violations of FINRA.

Back