Still no offical 2009 MA commisions posted

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Another week has gone by and still no offical 2009 MA commisions posted. So far I've only heard rumors about Covertry and Humana commisions but nothing for United Health Care or Wellcare.

Another week has gone by and still no offical 2009 MA commisions posted. So far I've only heard rumors about Covertry and Humana commisions but nothing for United Health Care or Wellcare.
I saw Coventry somewhere and believe its $400 for MA and $50 for PDP.

UHC posted today. Depending on the state, MA is about $500 and PDP $85.

These are new and renewal.

Rick

"Street level" for Coventry is $500 both new and renewal.

Yeah, what he said about Coventry. $500 for new and renewals. I recd that in an email.

Humana is not official, but I hear from lots of sources it will be $500 for new and renewal.

It seems to me that "churning" is not being addressed by raising commissions. Also noted is that virtually ALL MAOs are matching street level.

My conclusion is that perhaps an anticipated sales slow-down is prompting the raise. What do you think? Are your MA sales expectations for the upcoming AEP looking up or down?

Businesses don't hand out raises for nothing. I think the competition for MA sales is getting tighter, and I expect to have to work harder to get them.

It seems to me that "churning" is not being addressed by raising commissions. Also noted is that virtually ALL MAOs are matching street level.

My conclusion is that perhaps an anticipated sales slow-down is prompting the raise. What do you think? Are your MA sales expectations for the upcoming AEP looking up or down?

Businesses don't hand out raises for nothing. I think the competition for MA sales is getting tighter, and I expect to have to work harder to get them.
That's exactly what I think is happening. Companies are panicking and are worried about hitting their "numbers." By raising the commission levels they are almost asking agents to churn as much as possible.

This is exactly what CMS wanted to avoid but they're idiots. All that was necessary was to end lock-in and to have commissions earned monthly. That gets rid of all the bad agents and ethical agents can help people like we've always done.

Rick

Frank... you need batteries for your hearing aids again!

:D

When I see something in writing from the companies I will believe it.

I just talked to my "go to man" Anthony and my commission for Pyramid is $430 for MAPD and $395 for MA only. That is for 5 years. Year 6 is $100.

But, I don't have that in writing yet either.

We will see if batteries are needed or not. If so will you send me a set please? :D

Today's email from UHG sets 2009 commission level for various market segments (divided into 3 groups by 4 products). $550 fyc/$500 for Group 1... I fall into Group 3 for the most part... $500/$300. Frank, you may have some Group 2 levels ($550/$500) which for MAPDs are the same as Group 1 (go figure).

Read the fine print when you get your email.... these commissions are for electronic aps. Paper aps will result in a $50 charge off.

PDPs are $85 fyc/renew across the board.

Last edited:
Back