Still Selling Groups?

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
The atmosphere for selling group has become difficult.

Anyone still selling group health benefits?

For some reason I am still writing paper.

I've put active prospecting on hold until I'm ready for Obamacare. I'm mostly just renewing my block at this point. My carrier reps told me that most agents are doing the same.

Nonetheless, I've sold a few new group plans recently, from referrals.

It is a different environment.

All the groups I am writing there is a significant savings by switching.

Some of the carriers are real aggressive on small group underwriting right now. My avg savings is about 18K on small group. Most of these groups would have been max loaded just last year but now they are coming in preferred.

Now is the best time to prospect for new groups. More products are entering the group market and whenever there is change there is opportunity.

Any ideas on closing in the face of objections like "waiting to see what happens with the change in healthcare"

And

Any tips on setting the initial meeting to discuss voluntary supplemental benefits?

Sorry so broad and personal to each persons sales technique. I'm new and just like reading good advice

Any ideas on closing in the face of objections like "waiting to see what happens with the change in healthcare"

And

Any tips on setting the initial meeting to discuss voluntary supplemental benefits?

Sorry so broad and personal to each persons sales technique. I'm new and just like reading good advice

If the prospect answers "wait and see" it appears that either you did not address it earlier in your presentation or if you did, they don't care. If you did not incorporate the downside of waiting into your presentation, you should. If you did and they still want to take a wait and see, nothing you can do.

If the prospect answers "wait and see" it appears that either you did not address it earlier in your presentation or if you did, they don't care. If you did not incorporate the downside of waiting into your presentation, you should. If you did and they still want to take a wait and see, nothing you can do.

Leveena is right on the money. You should handle all objections in the beginning of your presentation.

"Mr. Prospect, many businesses are taking the wait and see approach, here are the reasons why that is not a good strategy. 1, 2, 3.... Would you agree or can I answer any questions you may have regarding those points.

If you get hit with the wait and see approach, the build the sales pipe line up!

Next year is going to be chaotic, but that could create a lot of opportunity if you know what you are doing.

Just this month everything has come to halt.

I rocked out some groups sales for 7-1 & 8-1 but now there is uneasy silence. Kinda like in Jaws, right before the shark comes through the boat that is sinking.

Sorry for the Shark Week Reference.

Back