Stimulus and Its Impact on Individual Health Market

Not much.

A lot depends on the final version, and how quickly the economy turns around.

When it is signed, if folks don't get back to work, lose their current job, lose their home, etc. there will be a revolt.

We have a nation of people expecting instant fixes.

I agree not much should change. Except wasting billions of tax payers dollars.

What do you guys think how this stimulus will impact individual health insurance market?

Monti Ray

Healthcare for the elderly will be rationed. This just snuck out today because the Rats have kept it under cover. :yes:

The stimulus package I think will have little impact on the individual market. With all the new gov. spending with SCHIP and the new cobra assistance that could go into place we could see a huge decrease in individual sales.

The stimulus could help the group market. Companies starting getting work they will need more employees to complete it.

I know someone who spoke to their Doc yesterday. He said the AMA is not going to take it. O's plan will be to bring in more third world docs especially from Islamic countries to work for peanuts. We will end up getting witch doctor quality healthcare.

I tend to be a generally positive person but I have to say I honestly feel like this "Cobra Subsidy" could be a rather large issue for us doing 90% + Individual Health...

I think if I go back 1 year and reviewed the sales I had, at least 40% were "Cobra Replacement" sales, or sales that pre-empted buying Cobra. That's a HUGE chunk of business, and I already have had 2 clients (who are apparently following this stuff closer than I am even!) tell me "Well I am going to just wait and see when this gets implemented before I cancel my Cobra because it looks like it will lower my price".

My question about how this will all work is:

-How did it even get through when it's essentially a big FU to the Self Employed ("Hey, we'll be glad to help you employees through these tough times, but if you're self employed and need to buy/continue coverge, too bad!!")??
-How will the $$ be implemented/dispersed to COBRA users
-Wasn't there something about 50+ aged people being able to keep it until 65?

Any thoughts are appreciated...

My question about how this will all work is:

-How did it even get through when it's essentially a big FU to the Self Employed ("Hey, we'll be glad to help you employees through these tough times, but if you're self employed and need to buy/continue coverge, too bad!!")??
-How will the $$ be implemented/dispersed to COBRA users
-Wasn't there something about 50+ aged people being able to keep it until 65?

Any thoughts are appreciated...

No body had the chance to really read the bill including the extra 400 pages that were added the night before the vote:

Watch this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back