STM and Proposed Changes

Discussion in 'Health Care Reform Forum' started by bluemarlin08, Mar 7, 2017.

1. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Well-Known Member

State:

Has there been any further discussion regarding the change to STM coming April 1? Assuming there has not been any I suppose the new law does go into effect.

2. kgmom219

kgmom219 Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    IHC asked for another rule review and we should see something out of CMS by the end of the month. UHC (not a typo) is expecting the rule to be overturned, but for 7/1 effective dates and later.

3. papercutter

papercutter Well-Known Member

State:
    Maryland
    UHC is allowing clients to be enrolled in 10 month STMs right now in states where 11 months is the limit. Is that 3 month limit on STMs a "law" or just the Obama Administration CMS' interpretation of the healthcare law?

4. salesgirl

salesgirl Well-Known Member

State:

Apparently a bunch of STM carriers got written notice from a bunch of DOI's saying they are not going to actually enforce the new rule, because it's unconstitutional. Plus, everyone expects it to go away, it's just a matter of when. Trump has bigger things to worry about than repealing that dumb rule.

5. yankee466

yankee466 Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Getting lots of offers to contract with Aliera health to sell their new STM plan that will continue to go 11 months. Turns out it is a CHS plan behind the scenes....but a clever come on to make you look. :biggrin:

6. AllenChicago

AllenChicago Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm working on getting my STM clients who expire this Spring/Summer into an STM that's effective 3.30.2017 and runs through 12.31.2017. (Using IHC Health Solutions.)

Have to cancel existing and write new ones. I don't think any AHCA major medical will be available b4 this Fall.

7. dorado

dorado Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I did UHC stm a couple of days ago in Virginia. The message said that after 3/30, plans longer than 3 months would be allowed ( which is what my client wanted).

8. scagnt83

scagnt83 Well-Known Member

State:
    South Carolina
    They would be or would not be?

Is there anything official about this yet? Or is it a huge grey area that will differ from state to state?

9. Dave020

Dave020 Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    From HCC on the 21st...

10. dorado

dorado Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It said they would be able to offer the longer term.