Stonebridge, Cigna, Manhattan Life???

Birdman300

Guru
100+ Post Club
Got a client that applied for Aetna for med sup, and Aetna has screwed up his policy multiple times and I'm ready to recommend something else. Looking to add one of these carriers to my mix for Med Sup. How do each of these compare for UW, ease of issue, customer service, simplicity, etc. Also thinking about Equitable, and Philadelphia American. These are all competitive in my areas.

Got a client that applied for Aetna for med sup, and Aetna has screwed up his policy multiple times and I'm ready to recommend something else. Looking to add one of these carriers to my mix for Med Sup. How do each of these compare for UW, ease of issue, customer service, simplicity, etc. Also thinking about Equitable, and Philadelphia American. These are all competitive in my areas.

I would choose Equitable or Philadelphia American. You won't find easier companies to work with. Equitable has easier underwriting out of the two. The commission sucks in Indiana though.

Phil Am is great but does have stricter UW. What happened with Aetna? Never had an issue other than declines with them.

In Arizona, Equitable is great for COPD and diabetics they are fantastic to work with I just wish they were more competitive here.

Philadelphia American has also been great to work with, their underwriting processing times are about average. Bryan is the guy that usually answers the new business line over there, he has always been very helpful. The commission is horrible in Az.

I write a ton of Manhattan life, underwriting is quick, E-app is simple, commissions are great and they have really slick chat feature that lets you speak with new business to check on app statuses. Just beware though, if you take advances they bill your advance interest out of your renewals instead of your first year commission. Took me 18 months to see my first renewal from them hit my checking account, basically 6 months to pay back the interest.

Equitable and Philly both for Utah. Not sure in Nevada. Oxford is good in Utah as well, but that state is spoken for. :)

Took me 18 months to see my first renewal from them hit my checking account, basically 6 months to pay back the interest.

Yet another reason I go as earned on everything. With the exception of MAPD which I don't really have a choice in.

Latest posts

Back