Stories that help you sell

bekahsack

Expert
Morning guys and gals! I have a question that I think will spark a great discussion, and I'd love to use some of your potential responses in an article I'm putting together.

When you do a sales presentation, what stories do you use to help you sell? I think we all know that facts help, but stories really seal the deal, and I'd love to know what stories you lean on.

For example, my grandma has this policy and she was paid out XYZ when she was diagnosed with cancer, or my grandfather went into a nursing home and didn't have a policy and had to pay XYZ...

So many...

I was in *** at the end of 2017. I covered Rita with a small life plan on a Thursday evening. She was the last client I worked with that day and I headed home to my family. The next week on a Wednesday, while visiting Charlene who lives just 4 trailers down from Rita, Charlene asked me, "Did you hear about the motorcycle accident?" I told her that I had not and she proceeded to tell me the story. After I left Rita's house, the very next evening, her son on his way to pick up a pack of cigarettes was killed when he lost control of his bike. I sat there in shock!

I proceed to tell the prospect how I walked the 4 trailers back to Rita's home, knocked on the door and hugged the grandmother of two beautiful little blond girls who's daddy will never be coming home again.

So many...

I was in *** at the end of 2017. I covered Rita with a small life plan on a Thursday evening. She was the last client I worked with that day and I headed home to my family. The next week on a Wednesday, while visiting Charlene who lives just 4 trailers down from Rita, Charlene asked me, "Did you hear about the motorcycle accident?" I told her that I had not and she proceeded to tell me the story. After I left Rita's house, the very next evening, her son on his way to pick up a pack of cigarettes was killed when he lost control of his bike. I sat there in shock!

I proceed to tell the prospect how I walked the 4 trailers back to Rita's home, knocked on the door and hugged the grandmother of two beautiful little blond girls who's daddy will never be coming home again.

Geez... did her son have life insurance?? That is heartbreaking. Life is fleeting...

I like to personally deliver policies to clients to review the features and benefits of their policy. When going over Whole Life nonforfeiture options, I tell about 2 different cases where a client had gotten Alzheimer's, and stopped paying premium. They wouldn't answer the phone or door, so their policy lapsed. In both cases, they died while the policy was under the Extended Term option, which was the automatic default option upon lapse. The company paid 100% of the policy's face amount, even though no premiums had been paid in several months. That always seems to impress people, which in turn helps with persistency.

I tell them about me being type 1 diabetic & my passion for this business because of it. I spend a lot of time with people going over medicine cost because I know the costs I have had in the past. I tell them of my experience buying insulin & other medicine from Canada when I had no insurance.

Morning guys and gals! I have a question that I think will spark a great discussion, and I'd love to use some of your potential responses in an article I'm putting together.

When you do a sales presentation, what stories do you use to help you sell? I think we all know that facts help, but stories really seal the deal, and I'd love to know what stories you lean on.

For example, my grandma has this policy and she was paid out XYZ when she was diagnosed with cancer, or my grandfather went into a nursing home and didn't have a policy and had to pay XYZ...
You just used both of my stories. Now I have nothing to tell about. :twitchy:

I don't really sell. I'm 100% referral, so there isn't a lot of sales involved.

The question I get is: "Are you sure this plan really works?"

The answer: "If you have an emergency bowel removal, spend 3 weeks in ICU, then 100 days at the Taj Mahal rehab facility, then go home to weekly visits from a nurse and 3 visits a week from both a physical therapist and an occupational therapist, its covered at 100% after the $183 Part B deductible. And I know this because it happened to my daddy last year. My grandmother was on a Medicare Supplement for 25 years until her death last year. She was on dialysis the last 10 years. She had Plan F, so there were ZERO out of pocket costs. These plans work. They break the rule of it sounds to be good to be true, then probably IS to good to be true."

So many...

Hey, I think you borrowed that story from Rose...errr I mean Rouse(now you've got me doing it).:laugh:

I remember when I 1st started , I was told that if you don't have a story/stories to tell.....borrow one from somebody, or make up your own. :laugh:

Back