Straight Commission still a thing in Florida?

Dreamiekid

Super Genius
Any 2-20 agents in Florida that are straight commission? for auto and home or commercial

What are your pay structure? (If you're salary you can post too)

Just trying to get some ideas.

It's the thing everywhere that is a universal opportunity. The amount of support is generally low, but as are the expectations. If you can't get a better option, ,it's a great one to take. Do that for a year or two and make any money on it at all and someone would be happy to pay you a base salary plus commission. May not be much at first, but eventually you could be driving an Aston Martin like mine ;) Hard work pays off eventually!

Put out a scale that works for you, your responses will tell you if the market will bear your thresholds. I personally use a 75% - 70% - 65% decreasing year after year until we are 50/50 for producers. I pay 80-90% in perpetuity to agencies. I pay the same new and renewal (easier accounting). It's a win-win, if they produce they can build a nice book/lifestyle, if they don't, their paycheck will suck enough to move them along. Go for it buddy, as stated... it's a thing... just make sure you cut yourself a nice piece of the pie!

Put out a scale that works for you, your responses will tell you if the market will bear your thresholds. I personally use a 75% - 70% - 65% decreasing year after year until we are 50/50 for producers. I pay 80-90% in perpetuity to agencies. I pay the same new and renewal (easier accounting). It's a win-win, if they produce they can build a nice book/lifestyle, if they don't, their paycheck will suck enough to move them along. Go for it buddy, as stated... it's a thing... just make sure you cut yourself a nice piece of the pie!

Yeah, I want to see if I can offer something that is competitive to other agency. If not, will keep working until I reach that point.

Back