Strange but True

Have a client that was desperate to replace her coverage beginning last December. She needed the new policy "inforce" by January 31st. She was desperate to get this done, in fact, she was so assertive that it had me unnerved. I called in a solid from the carrier, and although she had a lengthy medical history, they actually substituted the ordering of one of the doc's records and went on her personal explanation of an "item". They got her approved by the first week of February, but she had continued her policy for another month. Okay, understandable, no biggie, but why so desperate in the first place?

She then decided to appeal a uw rate up, which we succesfully appealed and had it partially removed. Then, she asks to push the start date of the policy to April 1st. The carrier actually said yes, which in this case they were bending the rules.

Last week, I get a phone call wanting to know if the policy is ready to go into force May 1st. I told her no, it went into effect April 1st. She said that was unacceptable, she was keeping her current policy until the end of the month. So I inform her that she has to do a new application.

She desperately needs to meet with me to hand deliver the app and make sure that it gets into underwriting. Okay, so we meet and I take the app. I tell her that everything is cool, it will be tied to the old case and it should be placed by May 1st. Next she tells me No, I don't want it effective before July 1st.

This is an applicant that is consistently adding to her medical history and she is paying a slightly larger premium for less coverage. It is also a plan that is closing out on her. She literally has to end it by July 1st, unless they grant an extension. If it is granted, I have no doubt that she will put off the new policy.

My question: Have you ever heard of a thing like this? Why would someone want to continue to fill out new apps, and have the same conversations over and over.

I left out the best part. She started this process with a different agent almost a year before me. He ditched her in December. She received her first approval 18 months ago.

I left out the best part. She started this process with a different agent almost a year before me. He ditched her in December. She received her first approval 18 months ago.

and what does that tell you....take the deal issued or find another agent.....

she's a woman, thus as part of her gender, prob has some kind of mental illness....bipolar?

im surprised your still working with her, even if she eventually ends up a paying client, it seems like you could of written 4-5 apps with the amount of time and aggravation you have invested into her.

I see 20 red flags......next ! If you think the app took a while, just wait til she drains your time with claims, etc.

Time for the client divorce letter.

I do not know about health insurance, but what happens if another health issue pops up before July. Want to bet she says that you delayed the issue of the new policy.

Don't you know any agents in NC you can refer her to?

Thank goodness she isn't in GA. I have an unlisted number now.

Are you honestly going to make enough commission to make this worth while?? I mean for enough money, I will put up with a lot, but is this going to be a lot of money?

Back