Strange Request From A Referral. I Need Help

chp

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
SC
Hi everyone, I just had a strange request from a guy in SC, and was wondering if anyone can help me out?

I called a referral, very health 47 male, single, very wealthy, who wants health insurance from a non-us company. He wants nothing to do with a Blue Cross, Assurant, etc, wants an international or foreign company as his carrier??

Do you know of anyone, or a carrier that sells individual health insurance here in the states, but is a foreign based company? I would assume if it is foreign owned, but operates here in the states that would work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

(where do I find these clients!!)

Thanks,

chp

Re: Strange request from a referral....need help

I would point out that it's simply a matter of time before the government bails out on of the insurance carriers. Since China will lend us the money.....

Rick

Lloyds is the only foreign carrier I am aware of that will issue coverage on US citizens living in the US (not traveling abroad).

You can probably find some small carriers owned by foreign corporations. If you wait long enough you might be able to find large companies that will be owned for non-domestic companies.

Isn't Assurant from the Netherlands? History

Hi everyone, I just had a strange request from a guy in SC, and was wondering if anyone can help me out?

I called a referral, very health 47 male, single, very wealthy, who wants health insurance from a non-us company. He wants nothing to do with a Blue Cross, Assurant, etc, wants an international or foreign company as his carrier??

Do you know of anyone, or a carrier that sells individual health insurance here in the states, but is a foreign based company? I would assume if it is foreign owned, but operates here in the states that would work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

(where do I find these clients!!)

Thanks,

chp

Could be wrong, but I think Fortis divested themselves from Assurant/Time several years ago.

Could be wrong, but I think Fortis divested themselves from Assurant/Time several years ago.

Fortis effectively "spun" Assurant off several years ago.

Assurant had an IPO (symbol - AIZ) , and became a separate entity. Fortis retained some ownership after the IPO, but I believe Assurant has purchased it steadily over the last couple of years.

That's correct. Assurant was completely spun off from Fortis - Assurant is a U.S. company based in New York now.

Back